Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

When ya gonna post SONGRYTR?

Philip OKeefe

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's registered, and lurks frequently, but he's shy.[/QB]
Oh yeah, I'm *real* shy. :D I'm already on my fourth post (ooooo!)...

Yes, Phil, it's true...the longtime lurker has crossed into the posting zone and it's SOOOO liberating. ;)

Greetings to all Keyboarders! I've been noodling around on keyboards since '75 or so. I'm no virtuoso but I can do pretty good in a rock/pop environment. I'm partial to rootsy sounds (piano, B3, rhodes and sometimes wurli) and my favorite players are mostly band guys like Ben Tench and Steve Nieve.

I'm looking forward to some good conversation here. Thanks again to Phil and Dave for the invitation!

the ralph show

this house is empty now...

Originally posted by Tom Fiala:

Welcome to the keyboard forum gang!

Tell us about yourself, your music and your favorites.

Yeah bud (BTW, hard not to resort to using your real name - and I won't "out you" without askin'), tell us a bit about yourself, your music, and what you're into / dig. ;)

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Originally posted by Tom Fiala:

Welcome to the keyboard forum gang!

Tell us about yourself, your music and your favorites.

Yeah bud (BTW, hard not to resort to using your real name - and I won't "out you" without askin'), tell us a bit about yourself, your music, and what you're into / dig. ;)
My name is Songrytr and I'm a musician....

I'm happily married (got it right the second time) with no kids, 2 guinea pigs, a hamster and one extra large black cat. I have lived all my life on the irrigated edge of the Mojave desert about 60 miles east of Los Angeles (but truly a million miles away).

I've been noodling around on the keyboards since the mid-70s (any boy, are my fingers tired!). ;) Sorry...couldn't resist. Armed with a book of chords and 70s radio (102.7 KKDJ, remember Phil?), I spent most school nights figuring out the changes to all the hits. I was already singing in a band so when I got my first EP (Rhodes 73 Suitcase) I jumped right in playing rhythm parts. Before too long I was writing my own songs and chasing the "dream."

I never did become a rock star (like most people, eh?) but I've continued to keep a foot in the pool. I've been lucky enough to share the stage with a few notable people. You won't find me being bitter about what might have been.

These days it feels like I'm entering my most vital period yet. Freelance graphic and web design pays the bills and I play out regularly with fellow singer/songwriter John McGill (one of my faves!) and I'm finally recording my first solo CD with Phil O'Keefe (who has the best set of ears east of LA). After all these years I've finally realized the value of working with honest and positive people.

Keyboard faves: Ben Tench, Steve Nieve, Mitch Froom...among others.

Songwriter/Band faves: Elvis Costello, Matthew Sweet, Jules Shear, Fountains of Wayne, The Beatles, Crowded House, John McGill, Freedy Johnston, XTC and on and on...

this house is empty now...

Archived