Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GigaStudio 3.0 Pre-release Promotion?

MurMan

While reading about GS3, I found this at http://www.nemesysmusic.com/giga-products.php

"Are you on the fence, as to buy GigaStudio now or wait until GigaStudio 3 begins shipping? Purchase GigaStudio version 2 now from your TASCAM dealer and receive a special upgrade price to GigaStudio 3. You'll save money by purchasing now rather than waiting for GS3 to ship, so don't wait - become a Giga user today!"

I found an Internet dealer with a good price for GS 2.5 and called them. They weren't aware of this and called their distributor. Just got an email from the dealer asking for the link because the distributor didn't know about the promotion either.

Does anyone know about this offer?

thanks,

Murray

Casio PX-5S, Korg Kronos 61, Omnisphere 2, Ableton Live, LaunchKey 25, 2M cables

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upgrade price from GS160 to GS3 Orchestra is $75 if you bought it after 1/1/04. Low price on Giga 160 right now makes it cheaper than if you wait until GS3 Orchestra comes out ($599).

I just got GS3 beta running on my new PC... but my PC's MIDI interface isn't working. Arrrrgh! So close. I can click on the onscreen keyboard and hear notes, but can't play that cool piano with my new weighted Fatar. I'm almost there.

Originally posted by synthetic:

I can click on the onscreen keyboard and hear notes, but can't play that cool piano with my new weighted Fatar. I'm almost there.

Please, let us know how the piano is once you get it up and running. I'll buy GS3 but I'll hold off buying a piano sample until the reports are in. Thanks,

k.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Originally posted by synthetic:

Upgrade price from GS160 to GS3 Orchestra is $75 if you bought it after 1/1/04. Low price on Giga 160 right now makes it cheaper than if you wait until GS3 Orchestra comes out ($599).

Anyone know the upgade price for GS160 owners who bought before that date?

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Thanks, synthetic. I'll pass this on to the dealer.

If I find out anything about earlier GS160 buyers, I'll pass it on. My guess is that was the date they announced the upgrade offer and the offer is not retroactive. The only thing the distributor told the dealer was that the offer is based on the invoice date for your GS160 purchase.

I've been reading the Giga forums and there is a real mixed bag of experiences. I'm planning on a dedicated Giga machine to avoid most of the integration problems. Wish me luck. I'm about to take the plunge ...

Casio PX-5S, Korg Kronos 61, Omnisphere 2, Ableton Live, LaunchKey 25, 2M cables

Well, there's no doubt I'll trade up to the Orchestral version from my present 160, if for nothing more than the new GigaPiano. But I have to ask--are you going to get rid of that goofy registration procedure? I had to reload GS at one point and now, every time it launches, I'm asked to register to get my free EQ plug-in.

Even an occasional "Please insert original disk" would be better...I think. (On the other hand, the Groove Agent installation program won't detect the factory disk in my dvd-rom drive...)

Any suggestions?

k.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Originally posted by ksoper:

Well, there's no doubt I'll trade up to the Orchestral version from my present 160, if for nothing more than the new GigaPiano....

Where did you find information about a new GigaPiano? I could not find anything about samples that may be included with GS3.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived