Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ok those ads REALLY annoy me

Phait

(Of course, now that I bumped this Topic, the "mcdonough@musicplayer.com" post is off the page (well I have the default "Last 30 Days" view in my profile, you could bump this up to see what I'm talking about...or bump that thread...or just allow me this rant and totally ignore me)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am reading this forum right now without the annoying graphic ads screaming at me. They have been reduced to impotent text.

How did Moe do that, do you cry in envy? Is he a super net god with the power to banish evil popups and banner ads everywhere? Will he come to my house and fix me up if I send him cash???? :D

Just go download the Mozilla Firefox browser and start using it. It's fast, lightweight, WAY less susceptible to hijacking than Internet Exploder, AND you can install a wonderful plugin called Adblock, which allows you to tune each website that you hang out at to disallow anything you don't want to see.

Did I mention that it's much more stable than IE even in its prerelease stage? You can leave IE on your machine for those occasional websites that don't work with any other browser.

Get it here!

Moe

---

Originally posted by Stephen LeBlanc:

Download a free program called "Ad-Aware" by Lavasoft...it will scan your computer for spyware and help you remove it. It's very easy to do and is totally free to download. Depending on how much junkmail or surfing you do, you might find yourself running it on a weekly basis. :eek:

Nothing against that specific vendor, but how does one know what anti-spyware program to trust? I'm distrustful of this species of software - how do I know that the anti-spyware program I install isn't actually installing spyware?

Originally posted by Guest User:

Originally posted by Stephen LeBlanc:

Download a free program called "Ad-Aware" by Lavasoft...it will scan your computer for spyware and help you remove it. It's very easy to do and is totally free to download. Depending on how much junkmail or surfing you do, you might find yourself running it on a weekly basis. :eek:

Nothing against that specific vendor, but how does one know what anti-spyware program to trust? I'm distrustful of this species of software - how do I know that the anti-spyware program I install isn't actually installing spyware?
You don't - all you can do is go with programs that have a universal good reputation on the net. I use two such programs because each finds stuff that the other doesn't. One is Lavasoft's Ad-aware, mentioned above. The other is Spybot Search & Destroy. They are both free, and should be run weekly or so depending on how much you surf.

Moe

---

Archived