Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg triton - ANY maintenance concerns at all?

will landstrom

Hi, I have had a Korg Triton (the original 61-key standard/nothing added) version since early 2000. It is, of course, a great workstation. So far I have not had a single problem with anything. And that's my worry - shouldn't I need to replace an internal battery or do some maintenance at SOME point? Any thoughts?

Thanks, Will

wesg@epix.net

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got a few years yet until the battery becomes a concern...maybe quite a few years.

As long as you keep it clean in a dust-free environment, and you keep your patches and sequences backed up, I don't think you'll have any issues for the entire time you have the thing.

"For instance" is not proof.

The backlighting of the screen for both Tritons and Fantoms will be an issue down the road. The Fantom has a screan saver feature that turns the screen off after a set amount of idol time. Not sure if the Triton has this. Either way, on average that will probably be the second thing to go out, some time after the floppy drive.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

Originally posted by Jeebus:

Originally posted by Dan South:

Mine's still running like a champ and it's on almost every day.

ditto that
Me too, except the "always on" part. Runs flawless, though one time, on a B34 patch, there was a big lag whenever I did a palm sweep... It was weird. Never figured out why...

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

I have had the 61 key Classic Triton since 2000.

It's holding up well.

There are little things you can do to preserve it; I put a dust cover on it every night. I have it connected to a power surge preventer. During wild thunder & lightning storms , I just unplug all my expensive electrical devices.

Rabid, no, the Triton does not have a ' sleep mode'. It sounds like you are speaking from a computer perspective.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Originally posted by GregC:

Rabid, no, the Triton does not have a ' sleep mode'. It sounds like you are speaking from a computer perspective.

There are many samplers and synth modules that have this function now. My Akai S5000 has it, too, as have a few high end FX boxes I've seen in the studio (Sony sampling reverb, etc)

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by GregC:

That's about right. The sleep mode on the Fantom only effects the screen. Somewhere in the manual there is an expected life time rating for the light and the sleep mode is intended to extend the life of the light. I expect this to be a problem similar to what the Wavestation A/D's now have.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

Archived