Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FWD: Mp3.com is going premium: 3song limit! WTF

I just got this in my email.... WTF ---- Dear Artist, The new year is just around the corner and a few important changes to the Artist program are coming up in January. More information about some of these changes will be available soon, but in the meantime, here's a snapshot: Customer Support Has Changed. As previously announced on December 6, 2002, only Premium Artists can receive email support. Premium Artists get their technical questions or other concerns answered within 48 hours. If you need help, please visit our comprehensive Help section which has FAQs and the System Status Report. The System Status Report is constantly updated by the Artist Support team and provides up to the minute information regarding site-wide technical issues. Learn more. Artist Cash Will be Discontinued. Accounting and engineering resource issues have made it necessary for us to discontinue one of our more convenient Artist programs as of January 15. If you are currently paying for any subscriptions with Artist Cash, please go to your My Account to easily create an alternate payment method. Learn more. [b]Artist Pages Will Display Three Songs Maximum.[/b] After January 31, 2003 [i]only Premium Artists can display an unlimited amount of songs [/i] on their Artist page. Basic (non-Premium) Artists can display a maximum of three songs on their Artist page. On January 31, all Basic Artist pages with four or more songs will automatically default to display the three most recently uploaded songs. However, the Song Admin allows Artists to quickly and easily change the songs they would like displayed. Please note, you will not need to re-upload songs as a result of this change. Learn more. netCD Program Will be Changed. Based on consumer feedback to simplify the online shopping experience, starting on January 15 we will be discontinuing the sale of netCDs as a stand-alone product. Accordingly, the netCD option will be removed from all Artist pages. Please note, My.MP3 account holders purchasing your CDs still will get the netCD version automatically added to their music locker. netCDs purchased prior to January 15 will remain accessible in the music locker as well. Stay tuned for information about new Artist services and a Premium Artist Service price reduction. Thanks for your continued support. Regards, The MP3.com Artist Team

http://www.kennyruyter.com/old/cowmix.mp3 <- Cowbell fever REMIX oh damn!!!

http://www.eastcoastbands.com

aka: ECBRules . thisOLDdude . keny . Scooch

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They should call themselves "Mp3-songs-per-artist.com" now. ...Or maybe just call it a day all together. I half hate them & half see their point. A lot of people are just fucking around with it anyway. When some yutz has 29 songs on their mp3 page and virtually every song title is a reference to fecal-matter....dumb. Still, I think a 5-song limit would have been more appropriate - considering that some people who post music there are actually serious about what they do.

I'm not in any way diffending mp3.com but every time the subject comes up I found people reactions funny. They gave you a free space to use and even use to give people money without any investion.. now they decided they want to change - its their right! If you don't like it , find another site that will promote your music, God know there are loads around!! funny - I didn't get that email! BTW - you might be able to work around the 3 song limit by opening radio station , I don't see anything about that..

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

I dont know,whenever I'm there checking out a new artist I can usually tell if I'm interested after hearing 1 song.The point of the place is to display your wares,if someones interested there's alway's a link to your site to either hear more or buy the CD.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by urk10: [b] [url=http://WWW.IUMA.COM]WWW.IUMA.COM[/url] is a good alternative.No need to enter you email adress in order to listen the songs.[/b][/quote]I always liked them because of their world music selection,but MP3.com does have thename and gravitational pull
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by AlndlantaClause is now serious: [b]but MP3.com does have thename and gravitational pull[/b][/quote]Ya gotta have pull in this business, I'll tell ya that. --------------- And that's all I gotta say about that.
SILLY WABBIT

Archived