Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone Using Soundiver with Windows XP

Yamis

I am using Windows XP on my Dell PC. I contacted Emagic and, according to them, Soundiver will run under Windows 2000. I know that many programs that will run under Windows 2000 will also run under Windows XP. Anyone have success or failure running Soundiver under Windows XP?
Yamis

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't we already talk about this? ;)

Any way I am successfully using SD with XP. I think the biggest obstacle that no one will fess up to is compaibility with certain MIDI interfaces. I ended up selling my two MOTU MTP-AVs for a Unitor 8 Mark II and AMT8 USB interfaces and it solved all my data transfer problems - almost. I've read similar problems on the SD forum with people using the Midiman interfaces. Again no one (emagic, MOTU, Midiman etc.) has said what the problem is. I do know that after 4 months of really bad data transfers (some would freeze up my FS1Rs to the point where I'd have to open them up and remove the battery to clear it), I took a chance and replaced mine with the emagic interfaces and everything works fine. Actually large group of patches get hosed up when transfering from my FS1Rs still so I have to do it in small groups and eventually it still crashes. Aside from this the editors work very well for my Wavestation A/D, Z1, EIV and FS1Rs.

It was discussed briefly; however, I am trying to get a concensus regarding how many users have had success with Soundiver running under Windows XP. So far, you are the only one that has responded. Anyway, thanks for the feedback. if I don't hear from anyone else, I may give Soundiver a shot. My concern from your feedback is that I am using a Midiman Midisport 4x4 as my midi interface to my PC.
Yamis

My concern from your feedback is that I am using a Midiman Midisport 4x4 as my midi interface to my PC.

Yep - I'd be concerned too based on what I read on the SD forum. Logic Audio seems to work fine with any of these interfaces but when sending large sys ex dumps as is common with SD this is where the problems show up. I recommend you check the archives over at the SD forum. I havent heard of anyone else using SD with a PC on this forum. Good luck.

Hi all.

I installed and registered my new copy of SoundDiver 3.0 for the PC on a Friday. Unfortunately the following Monday Emagic announced it had been purchased by Apple and was no longer supporting it on the PC. :mad:

Anyway, to address the question: I am using it successfully with Windows XP and an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 card. Ive only talked to a JV1010, Alesis QS7.1, and an old Roland P330. The only thing I might suggest with respect to data transfer problems is to tinker with the timeout values and see if it helps the defaults didnt work with my Alesis and Id bet they might vary for big sysex transfers depending on what midi interfaces youre using.

Im personally now in a quandary because I have a new Emu Vintage Pro module that is not supported the Emagic Proteus 2000 module doesnt work with it. If anyone has a suggestion, I could sure use some help. Otherwise I might switch to Midiquest if and when they support the Vintage Pro. The Midiquest is supposed to interface with Sonar 3 nicely which would be an added plus for me.

Also, TenderArts wrote:

<>

I got the Windows SD 3 updates from here:

http://www.emagic.de/support/download/sounddiverW.php?lang=EN

Sorry for rambling,

Steve

T

Pardon my ignorance, but what and where is the SD forum?

It's a Yahoo forum:

Sounddiver Forum

The only thing I might suggest with respect to data transfer problems is to tinker with the timeout values and see if it helps the defaults didnt work with my Alesis and Id bet they might vary for big sysex transfers depending on what midi interfaces youre using.

That's good that you can make it work with your interface. That should give others confidence with the Midiman stuff. I tried adjusting the timeout and delays but could not get it to work right with the MTP-AV.

I can not recommend Midiquest based on the current demo. It constantly crashes and the editors I checked out are less then intuitive and very difficult to manage with a mouse. I will check this out at NAMM in a few weeks. YMMV.

Interesting - I just realized I purchased my PC with WINXP in July and I still haven't installed SD in it yet... :freak: Shows how much I need the program... :rolleyes:

I will try to get it setup over the holidays, if I do I'll let you know.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Archived