Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craig, F.Y.I.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by miroslav: [b].I often wonder how many of these people actually do anything with music/audio...? [/b][/quote]Well, I have a tendency to chime in on some of the silly stuff that happens around here. This has been my M.O. since I first started posting in May, 2000. Some of the really stupid stuff bugs me sometimes, and I just try to ignore it and move on. Many people here more conservative than myself probably feel I'm a part of the problem. That is your right. FWIW, although I am not [b]'bigtime'[/b]. [url=http://www.adripublishers.com/backstage_pass.htm#The%20Wall%20review]I do have a connection to the world of \'music/audio\'[/url] I'm the guitarist.
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by Hank The Cave Peanut: [b] [quote]Originally posted by dazed and KHANfused: [b] FWIW, although I am not [b]'bigtime'[/b]. [url=http://www.adripublishers.com/backstage_pass.htm#The%20Wall%20review]I do have a connection to the world of \'music/audio\'[/url] I'm the guitarist.[/b][/quote][img]http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ddgarcia/gifs/spam.gif[/img][/b][/quote]lol

[quote]Originally posted by dazed and KHANfused: [b] [quote]Originally posted by miroslav: [b].I often wonder how many of these people actually do anything with music/audio...? [/b][/quote]Well, I have a tendency to chime in on some of the silly stuff that happens around here. This has been my M.O. since I first started posting in May, 2000. Some of the really stupid stuff bugs me sometimes, and I just try to ignore it and move on. Many people here more conservative than myself probably feel I'm a part of the problem. That is your right. FWIW, although I am not [b]'bigtime'[/b]. [url=http://www.adripublishers.com/backstage_pass.htm#The%20Wall%20review]I do have a connection to the world of \'music/audio\'[/url] I'm the guitarist.[/b][/quote]Wait a minute . You're Stevie Nicks? Why didn't you tell us before now? I used to love you man when you were in Fleetwood Mac. How's the voice? Still sound like a goat?

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: ...Stevie Nicks...How's the voice? Still sound like a goat?[/quote]OK...now that made me laugh...silly...but realated to audio/music... :thu: I often tried to understand what it was about Stevie's voice that always bugged the shit out of me... ...yeah...a goat! :D

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

[quote]Originally posted by Valkyrie Sound: [b]It's obvious that some folks here are just too juvenile to have any sense of respect for UEM or the other folks here. Freedom is great... but your "rights" end where MY rights begin. This is not an issue of free speech Putting UEM and Craig in this position is the pinnacle of what it is to be tacky. My suggestion: DON'T deal with this "issue" at all.... let UEM deal with it.... If they don't want to and decide to close down the forums... so be it. I'd rather have the good memories than to see this forum be drug through the mud. [/b][/quote]THANK YOU!!! You are right, this isn't an issue of Free Speech. This is an issue of the abuse of a privilege. Free speech has NEVER meant 'say anything you want any time'. But beyond that, how about some basic respect for others? How about some tact? If you want to post nude pictures, at least mention it in the title and post a link! It's not everyone else's problem if they don't want to see that kind of content on an audio forum -it's your's... Freedom of speech does not absolve one of responsibility for what they say. In fact, it's just the opposite. I hate censorship. But if people cannot or will not govern themselves, then the solution becomes painfully obvious.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]Originally posted by CowBellWewus: [b]Geebsus Alndln. You've turned into one of that gangster crowd changing your name every five minutes. [/b][/quote]Although Mr. Durante was known to associate with the gangsters of his time,he wasn't known to be one himself.Besides,I didn't exactly feel comfortable dressed as Mrs. Clause. :D ,and as we all certainly know by now,The Nose Knows.Bralalalalala!
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by Super 8: [quote]Originally posted by Valkyrie Sound: It's obvious that some folks here are just too juvenile to have any sense of respect for UEM or the other folks here. Freedom is great... but your "rights" end where MY rights begin. This is not an issue of free speech Putting UEM and Craig in this position is the pinnacle of what it is to be tacky. My suggestion: DON'T deal with this "issue" at all.... let UEM deal with it.... If they don't want to and decide to close down the forums... so be it. I'd rather have the good memories than to see this forum be drug through the mud. [/quote]THANK YOU!!! You are right, this isn't an issue of Free Speech. This is an issue of the abuse of a privilege. Free speech has NEVER meant 'say anything you want any time'. But beyond that, how about some basic respect for others? How about some tact? If you want to post nude pictures, at least mention it in the title and post a link! It's not everyone else's problem if they don't want to see that kind of content on an audio forum -it's your's... [b]Freedom of speech does not absolve one of responsibility for what they say. In fact, it's just the opposite.[/b] I hate censorship. But if people cannot or will not govern themselves, then the solution becomes painfully obvious.[/quote]Agreed. I won't be-labor the point anymore. And Khan, prior to the rise in noise here, your humor rarely, if ever, crossed the line to where I noticed anyone comment on it being inappropriate. The only thing that is the same now is you. The forum has changed around you, but the rest are pretenders to the throne, IMO! :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by fantasticsound: [b]And Khan, prior to the rise in noise here, your humor rarely, if ever, crossed the line to where I noticed anyone comment on it being inappropriate. The only thing that is the same now is you. The forum has changed around you, but the rest are pretenders to the throne, IMO! :thu: [/b][/quote]I've always said you are a wise and intelligent man. :thu: . . . . Well, I may not have ever said it. But I thought it. ;) . . . . . . . . OK...OK.... I never actually thought it either. But if you keep up this type of quality posting, I may have to reconsider. :eek: :p PS : [b]THANKS!!![/b] :D

And, to continue to feed your ego, Khan... In my early days on these forums, before avatars and numerous signature pics, you were the only one who knew where to find really [i]interesting[/i] smiley's. To this day, I have a file folder of smiley's that, regardless of whether you contributed them, is simply titled, Khan! No kidding! :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by Fernando P Fernandez: [b]I hope that one day, the people will realize that Jesus is a pioneer and will praise him with the respect and glory he deserves.[/b][/quote]The Jesus sincerely thanks you for your tribute. good day, The Jesus

Archived