Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craig, F.Y.I.

Well, I can no longer look at all threads here. If I were to look at the "favorite rack" thread and there was a female client or employee with a grudge in the studio, I could be sued for sexual harassment. Sounds stupid, but it is true. I have a part time job where I work with lawyers and have been warned about the dangers of "offensive materials" in the workplace. Open mic, but even mics have a frequency limit. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but c'mon!
-David R.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's alot of 'if' and 'could' in your post. I suppose I'd worry about it if it materialized..and I still wouldn't worry about it. Let's say one day you're surfing with a client and a pop-up ad comes up for lets say, voyeur web-cam; Those are quite a bit more 'risky' than the stuff on the 'Fav racks' thread. One can't be responsible for all the content on the internet, TV, radio. just my 2 cents.

The fact is you could NEVER look at all the threads here because there's some seriously fucked up shit all over the place, but I agree people do need to rein it in a little bit. I think right now they're rebeling because who wants to let TheWesus I mean TheWewus tell them what to do.

[quote]Originally posted by Hippie's Lawyer: [b]There's alot of 'if' and 'could' in your post. I suppose I'd worry about it if it materialized..and I still wouldn't worry about it. Let's say one day you're surfing with a client and a pop-up ad comes up for lets say, voyeur web-cam; Those are quite a bit more 'risky' than the stuff on the 'Fav racks' thread. One can't be responsible for all the content on the internet, TV, radio. just my 2 cents.[/b][/quote]The problem is that there [b]are[/b] cases where this has happened. Not the pop-up stuff, that is beyond my controll. I have knowledge that some posts on this [i]Music Forum[/i] contain potentially offensive material. There you go. Therefore it is now a potential sexual harassment suit if I go back. Pictures of women's breasts. In a thread on racks. Client asks me about equipment racks, I send her a link to a topic I saw [i]on a music forum.[/i] Again, it sounds stupid and in my opinion frivilous, but this kind of thing has happened. I have posted many OT posts, but most [b]are[/b] music related. "The Jesus", how about you? What has been your contribution to the musicgear network?
-David R.

The sexual harassment angle is absurd. You're severely mistaken by being in the presence of hyperbole-frenzied lawyers. I've seen the type myself. If things are such a problem at your particular workplace, might I suggest that you stick to work-related matters while there, and do your 'surfing' on your own time?

[quote]Originally posted by David R.: [b]Client asks me about equipment racks, I send her a link to a topic I saw [i]on a music forum.[/i] [/b][/quote]Perhaps you're not focusing enough on doing your job. It's called research. Don't send your client a blind link to a topic you "saw" on a music forum. Find a quality source of info and send it along. This is not rocket science.

[quote]Originally posted by David R.: [b]"The Jesus", how about you? What has been your contribution to the musicgear network?[/b][/quote]The Jesus has contributed much to the forums, as you'll find out if you ask around. He has discussed the subject of "wanking" at great lengths, and was able to clarify some things for Steve LeBlanc. He has also voiced opinions and offered help regarding various synth topics in the keyboard forum. He recently helped a newbie with a bass purchasing decision as well. The Jesus' contributions continue with this piece of advice for you. When clients are present, stick to the other forums, such as the keys, bass, guitar, drums, digital recording forum, professional recording forum etc. Anything but this one. It IS open mic, and the discussion here tends to be less focused and more off-topic than in the other ones. I promise you won't find any breasts in Dave Bryce's forum. good luck to you sir, The Jesus

[quote]Originally posted by CowbellAllen: [b]Easy: Don't look at this page at work. Any other forum except this you can trust will not have this kind of topic.[/b][/quote]Problem is "The Jesus" spamed all the other forums regarding his 'rack' thread. "Jesus", if you have to trash a forum, at least stick to one and not drag down the others.
-David R.

[quote]Originally posted by David R.: [b] [quote]Originally posted by CowbellAllen: [b]Easy: Don't look at this page at work. Any other forum except this you can trust will not have this kind of topic.[/b][/quote]Problem is "The Jesus" spamed all the other forums regarding his 'rack' thread. "Jesus", if you have to trash a forum, at least stick to one and not drag down the others.[/b][/quote]If I have trashed a forum, then why is it that many well-respected members have submitted racks for entry, or viewed the racks regularly. If you don't want to submit a rack that's fine, but don't ruin it for the rest of us. good day to you sir, The Jesus

Here's the problem: this isn't my gig. This is my hobby. My time is *really* limited, even more so now that I am dealing with two major medical issues in my immediate family. I can't see every thread. The boring/useless ones I try to delete but they pop up faster than I can deal with them. Sorry, but that's reality. I saw the rack title and assumed it was about rack gear. I didn't start this thing to be a playground monitor. If all else fails, I'll start a pay forum at [url=http://www.craiganderton.com,]www.craiganderton.com,[/url] close this forum, and be done with it. And if people want to rag on me for taking this position, then fine. I started this sucker back in 1995, and it's had a good run. Nothing is forever. I'm almost as tired of the people saying "it's not as good as it used to be" as the people who are helping prevent it from being as good as it used to be. Maybe I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.

Now look what you've done with all your whining and complaining. You've annoyed and disrespected Father. I hope that one day, the people will realize that Jesus is a pioneer and will praise him with the respect and glory he deserves.

Fernando, whoever the hell you are, shut the hell up! I couldn't agree with Craig more! It seems like we JUST went through all of this crap about a month ago. We've had a thread thanking the MusicPlayer folx for keeping the faith that these forums are indeed valuable and worth keeping alive! Well guess what the executives would see if they logged on today: a 'Rate the Tits' thread! Yeah, man! Those funds spent on staff and bandwidth are sure paying off, aren't they? I'm sick to death of these stupid multiple alias's! I don't even know who I'm communicating with anymore. I'm sick of people posting with the singular goal of raising their post count. I mean, what's the freaking point? Who gives a damn?? Maybe Craig can just give you 10,000, and 'el primo' member status if you promise to shut up in return! Although I support Off-Topic threads and feel they are important to an artistic community, I feel that far too many are abusing the privilege. I have a big problem with people who want to join the party here, but are unwilling to respect those who came here before them and made this forum the special spot on the web that it is. These people don't give a damn if they trash the place! They just move on to something else. If people call them on their actions, they get all defensive about it. They need to take a hike before they run off all of the valued members. Craig recently responded to a technical question I had. I really appreciated it not only because I trust and respect his advice, but because his time *IS* limited and he was willing to devote a portion of it to read and give a thoughtful reply to my question. He cannot do that, when he to deal with an overwhelming stream of crap being poured in. I DO have faith in the future of this forum, but not if it continues like this. [b]GET IT TOGETHER, PEOPLE![/b]

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]Originally posted by The Jesus: [b]Craig the Jesus prays for the health of your family.[/b][/quote]That is the lamest thing I've seen you post yet. "The Jesus prays for the health of your family?" Can you see how stupid that sounds? In third-person, and with the name Jesus? I don't give a shit about your Labowski fixation, you are a huge waste of time. I personally think the Rack thread and all other tit pic postings are idiotic, and show no taste. But I'm not going to add to the stupidity by posting [i]another[/i] waste-of-space thread about the waste-of-space thread. Just this one post. This "Off Topic" thing has been argued to death since I've been here, and I'm sure way before that. I'm not here to continue it. You may be entertaining to some people here, Jesus, but not me.

Hey, take it easy on the Jesus. He's a good guy and I've seen him taking part in serious discussion as well as off topic stuff. Just because you don't find him entertaining doesn't mean the rest of us don't. I agree with thisOLDdude and Carlito. Gawd Bless Him.

We need to lighten up a little bit here people. It's just an internet board. Nothing to get hung about. Strawberry Fields Forever. All you need is love. Bralalalalalalalalala.
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by Super 8: [b]I'm sick to death of these stupid multiple alias's! I don't even know who I'm communicating with anymore. unwilling to respect those who came here before them and made this forum the special spot on the web that it is. [/b][/b][/quote]Most of the people who are using multiple aliases are long time members just having a bit of fun.This section of the forum is more of an open discussion thing rather than a tech. section,a blend of seriousness and sillyness.If all I did was talk tech I'd have a serious imbalance in my life,so I for one am glad Craig's forum isjust the way it is.I don't agree with and like everything here but that's life,not perfect.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by dazed and KHANfused: [b]We need to lighten up a little bit here people. It's just an internet board. Nothing to get hung about. Strawberry Fields Forever. All you need is love. Bralalalalalalalalala.[/b][/quote]Amen and.........Bralalalalala :D
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by Alndlalalalalanta Clause: [b] [quote]Originally posted by dazed and KHANfused: [b]We need to lighten up a little bit here people. It's just an internet board. Nothing to get hung about. Strawberry Fields Forever. All you need is love. Bralalalalalalalalala.[/b][/quote]Amen and.........Bralalalalala :D [/b][/quote]Amen to that.

Wow I'm torn- Lots of good stuff, rants, raves, useless and useful drivel, and oportunities for witty, creative expression that many folks can't get away with in their 9-5 life- or do, and we're lucky enough get a taste of it, in the 10 minutes or so a day when we can drop out (or in?). I dig it. It's unfortunate that I'm hesitant to open threads in the office or at home with kids around (I'm speaking for others- I don't have kids) because some people post tasteless, even offensive shite that will be seen by IT or coworkers. My thought is, if you want to chat with men posting as women or look at tittie pics, go to Biancas or Ampland on your own bandwidth. Craig- not that I know you or anything, but thanks for your work here, and I wish the best for your family. (my nom de guerre is usually Hanshananigan)

[quote]Originally posted by David R.: [b]Wthread and there was a female client or employee with a grudge in the studio, I could be sued for sexual harassment. Sounds stupid, but it is true. [/b][/quote]here is reality pictures do not load instantly if have half a mind you would put 2 and 2 together and back out of the page what are you doing surfing at work anyhow that sort of thing happens online besides if you are that honestly paranoid you better turn inline images off in your web browser if you have employees potentially as silly as that i suggest you find other employees if you are with a client you should be with the client and not hanging out online [b]I have a part time job where I work with lawyers and have been warned about the dangers of "offensive materials" in the workplace.[/b]you can thank rush limbaugh for publicizing that notion so lawyers can have more fun making money from frivolous claims [b]Open mic, but even mics have a frequency limit. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but c'mon![/b]this is the internet and the 21st century i feel you are either over reacting or trying to play this possibility up to again popularize the idea of sexual harrassment lawsuit potential

Archived