Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Win2K or WinXP? What's the latest?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Shayne White: As for the copy protection, big deal. You register and that's that. I find that the stupid Pace protection that comes with plugins is much more trouble. I'm always fighting with it. I feel like Antares owns my computer way more than Microsoft! [/quote]Pace is a VIRUS!!!! I now have the crack will never again purchase copy protected software after my experiences with Autotune.

<> NO. NO. NO. If you knew the people who worked at NI, Steinberg, Cakewalk, WAVES, etc., I think you would have a VERY hard time stealing from them. They work their asses of for an industry with an incredibly low pay scale, and their reward is people stealing their stuff. Look, if you want to rip off Microsoft, that's between you and your conscience, but at least you won't put them out of business. If cracking continues on its current levels, you can expect to see Propellerheads, Native Instruments, PSP Audioware, and a bunch of other small manufacturers disappear -- and sooner rather than later. People who steal software are not "pirates." They're petty thieves who don't even have to have the guts of real petty thieves, because they know they won't get caught.

Archived