Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's got the heaviest action?

Chaso DeChaso

Well, it's been six long months since I first encountered this message board and asked for advice - and I've just placed my order from kraftmusic for a Roland RD-700! Bought it with SRX-02 & SRX-07 cards, the DM-20 Monitors, and the whole nine yards in terms of other accessories and accoutrements. This place Kraft Music had the best deal around by far.

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement and say thanks ever so much to all who helped!

Chaso

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Suppport Guy:

Instrument - Lowest Key - Middle Keys - High Keys

Yamaha C3 - 134 - 100 - 84

GH - 107 - 86 - 80

UprightAcoustic -117 - 104 - 88

Other digital keys-88 - 82 - 78

These numbers are really useful.

For a full set of parameters I would add a repeat of the numbers for p and ff (with suitable engineering definitions of both to make different instruments comparable) plus a measure of repetition rates.

The last would be tricky because you don't have to fully release a key to get it to repeat. You would have to find a way to measure (and possibly read out) the amount of motion needed to get a key to repeat.

There is one fault I find on some electronic keyboards, which is that if you play fast trills, the keys gradually sink beneath your fingers. I think this is just a symptom of poor repetition rates but perhaps there is something physically measurable going on here.

Archived