Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help me spend $300

RaGe

Not that I need anyone to spend it with me of for me :)

I've just been offered a $300 gift certificate from Sam Ash amd I don't know what to get ... A couple of SM57s? A used ROMpler (yuck)?

What would you guys suggest, any cool toys/gadget/lifesavers under $300?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about a lap-dance with a PRS or top-of-the-line Martin acoustic in the back room of Sam Ash?

Don't squirt or it'll be another $50 bucks

the only good signature is the one on a cheque or a confession

Actually I may get the Stylus or Atmosphere (for $100 extra). No too hot for Reason .... SRX card, yes valid choice too.

Keep it coming please :)

btw, posting my gear list wont do much good, I wanna hear about people's suggestions, what they've bought for themselves or as a gift.

Originally posted by RaGe:

I wanna hear about people's suggestions, what they've bought for themselves or as a gift.

RaGe

I recently bought Native Instrument's Kontakt primarily to play the Post Musical Instruments Bosendorfer Grandioso piano through it. I still haven't received the PMI sample DVD so can't comment on it yet, although it comes very highly recommended on this forum and elsewhere. But I have been playing around with Kontakt a bit. I am impressed with the low CPU hit and its simple and straightforward application... Also, although not stellar, the sounds it comes bundled with are very useable with just a little tweaking.

Kontakt ~ $290; PMI Bosendorder ~245 including shipping.

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Archived