Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A whole jumble of thoughts. Pick one and run with it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by randy clay: ...[/quote]Randy, Me and my missus are cool. We've known each other for(ever! :) ) 18 years, married for 6. Getting married and having chil'ren is the most serious responsibility that any two people can take on. We both acknowledged this from *day1*.

It's cool, Drew. My point is, who cares about the reproductive consequences? If a small percentage of the population is gay, then they won't influence our ability as a species to propagate in a significant way. If they DO become a vast majority... well then, apparently society will be ok with that, too, because homosexuality will be the norm. ;) I keep thinking of Jeff Goldblum's Chaos-Theory scholar character in Jurassic Park saying, "Nature will find a way." Only for gays, there [i]are[/i] ways, albeit with some familial issues, to procreate. You certainly have a right to your feelings on the subject. I simply wanted to point out there is nothing absolutely un-natural (in the sense that other species engage in it without reproductive issues) about homosexuality, and if you don't harbor religeous objections, I'm confused why it bothers you at all. Especially when you don't have a problem with your kids having homosexual teachers. I suppose it would make sense to me if instead of convincing you that it's alright to be gay, that they were insisting that homosexuality would be right for you... Regardless, it's obvious you're not a gay-basher, you wouldn't discriminate against a homosexual being involved in your or your family's lives, so it doesn't bother me that you feel the way you do. Just confused... :confused: It's all good. (EXCEPT HOMOSEXUALITY!!! ;) :D )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by Gulliver: [b] [quote]Originally posted by NYC Drew: [b] ......... Glad to see that I'm not the only "paranoid" person around here.[/b][/quote]Me too. :) [/b][/quote]if you guys only knew the irony of that and on top of that i have just spent the past 3 hours watching the results of a real life cops episode happen across the street from my house involving some guy running from the police complete with gun shots being fired so now i sit here and wonder gee maybe this guy is in my backyard right now

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fantasticsound: Just confused... :confused: ...[QUOTE] Neil, In nature, some (most? all? many?) mammals engage in homosexual behavior. This is how "nature" is. Some mammals also have multiple sexual parteners simultaneously, or over the course of their existences. This is how "nature" is. Some mammals also kill their newborn, leave them to fend for themselves. This is how "nature" is. Some mammals mate with their offspring, their siblings etc. Again, "nature" at work. All of these things while prevalent in "nature" are not justifications for humans to run around all "willy nilly". Do you think because something exists in the broader plane of "nature" is reason and rationale for humans to a)partake in such activity or, b) accept such behavior? As mentioned before, I don't have a problem with a girl or a guy being a swinger, or having multiple simultaneous sexual parteners, or being gay, or smoking or drinking. I don't have a problem with any of those types being a barber or (Sunday! :eek: ) school teacher, or dentist or mechanic for me, or my kids. I would have a problem if any of those above mentioned decides to make any effort to convince me, or my kids that what they do is ok. What differentiates me from another guy is my conscience, and my "moral" compass. I would make an effort to shield my young children from overly amourous public displays of affection - irrespective of the gender of the participants. I hope my position is clear. I can live harmoniously with my neighbor, my friend, my family - and have an appreciation that they want to live their lives the way they choose...I get equally bent by Penticostals and Jehovah's Witnesses etc expending so much enegry trying to show me "the way". Am I allowed to do that? ----------------------- On BET(?) last night (might have been a repeat, might have been a discussed here before), there was some event honoring Stevie Wonder. My all time favorite instrumentialist of all time (followed by Harry Connick Jr & SpyroGyra) - [b]Gerald Albright[/b] is doing his thing with another (unknown) trumpeter and Shante Moore. The songs chorus says "What can I do"...I assume it's a Stevie song. After about 2:44, in comes Jah Rule, whoops, there goes reality. He practically cut the song, and dismissed them from the stage to perform the same song (with a rap flava) for another 2 or so minutes. Ounce for ounce, Jah Rule does not have 50% of the talent or exerience or showmanship or class of any of the three people that were on the stage immediately prior to his arrival. Who's the complete fuckhead that conceptualized this? I'd like to ask him to his / her face. A dickhead move if I ever saw one. Later :)

[quote]Originally posted by NYC Drew: [b] Neil, ...All of these things while prevalent in "nature" are not justifications for humans to run around all "willy nilly". Do you think because something exists in the broader plane of "nature" is reason and rationale for humans to a)partake in such activity or, b) accept such behavior? ...I would have a problem if any of those above mentioned decides to make any effort to convince me, or my kids that what they do is ok. What differentiates me from another guy is my conscience, and my "moral" compass... ...I hope my position is clear. I can live harmoniously with my neighbor, my friend, my family - and have an appreciation that they want to live their lives the way they choose...I get equally bent by Penticostals and Jehovah's Witnesses etc expending so much enegry trying to show me "the way". Am I allowed to do that?... Later :) [/b][/quote]Hey Drew, I believe I see what you're missing. Put concisely, you see homosexuality as one aspect of someone's life. You can live peacefully with someone while disagreeing about there specific beliefs. Sure, you're allowed. Sexuality seems to be one of those things people cannot separate in the way you might be friends with someone who is diametrically opposed to you on other issues, say digital vs. analog recording. I guess I expect people to react like an extremist vegan who resists contact with any meat eaters. That's all, no need to explain further. I get it. :) (BTW, the only reason I've spoken about this, out of all the topics you've posted on this thread, is simply that it seemed so odd considering your relationships in the industry, and as you mentioned, your family. That and I've had all the supposition about Osama and Al Quaeda I can stand, for now.)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by NYCDrew On BET(?) last night (might have been a repeat, might have been a discussed here before), there was some event honoring Stevie Wonder. My all time favorite instrumentialist of all time (followed by Harry Connick Jr & SpyroGyra) - Gerald Albright is doing his thing with another (unknown) trumpeter and Shante Moore. The songs chorus says "What can I do"...I assume it's a Stevie song. After about 2:44, in comes Jah Rule, whoops, there goes reality. He practically cut the song, and dismissed them from the stage to perform the same song (with a rap flava) for another 2 or so minutes. Ounce for ounce, Jah Rule does not have 50% of the talent or exerience or showmanship or class of any of the three people that were on the stage immediately prior to his arrival. Who's the complete fuckhead that conceptualized this? I'd like to ask him to his / her face. A dickhead move if I ever saw one. Later [/quote]I thought I was the only one that got indignant over that. TOTAL-FUCKING-LY AGREE. And Drew, Trick Daddy is a rapper. You'll see the female rapper, Trina, the one that has a new song out with Ludacris, a lot. I think one of his albums is title, "I'm a Thug." I CAN'T STAND THAT SHIT. Lincoln Ross Dead Black Jedis

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

• 11 months later...

Archived