Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A whole jumble of thoughts. Pick one and run with it.

Me personally. I am grooving on "8 mile" (the soundtrack, not the movie). A great peice of work - especially compared to what else is being offered. Eminem (if he's writing his own lyrics and lyrical pattterns) is the SHIT! [img]http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/ubb/graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] --------------------------------------- I'm really and truly fucking sick and tired of the nursery rhyme lyrics, and the Yamamha PSR100 melodies that sound like they were lifted out of a 80's video game. 1. Very percussive - which is ok. 2. But then, the percs get gated until everything is like sharp snaps. 3. Almost everything is at the same level sonically UP HERE. - In case ya'll didn't notice, that's where some of today's current music (dare I say Rap/Hip Hop) is taking us. I got sick and tired of nursery rhymes when i was living in Jamaica, listening to Dancehall, hoping there was better...deja vu. I wonder how much of the whole "pie" is being allocated towards STUPID music. Cuz there's good music, music you like / dislike...and then there's stupid music. The problem is, because music is universal and subject to opinion, just because (for example, a song) has been around for 3000 years, or 30 or 3 weeks, or followed by undying fans don't mean it can't be stupid? Birdman and Nelly should really now take the time and resit those college courses they obviously flunked (Puff too). I won't stoop as low to say theat they never done high school. What does that have to do with anything you ask? A whole fucking lot. And if you've not done with high school, don't flame me. While you don't need a 2yr or 4 yr degree to make good and great music, there is nothing that any of the "ice" age do that impresses on me they have truly learnt hope to integrate themselves in society. Each and all and every freaking one of these guys and girls that star in, sidekick, pruduce, shill and promote these videos with big cars, the fast life and 1/2 naked gryating women (which I particularly like, mind you) are little budding sociopaths, and they are telling my kid that this shit is cool. Turn off the TV you say. Change the channel. Been there, done that. We need to do more than that. It's cool that some of these FOOLS are living out their fantasies (for real or in their videos), but it's not cool everyone else has to be constantly bombarded with it. Fuk 'em. and fuck all you writers and record company execs and producers that (I can't even say "work") hatch up this shit. Maybe they are just as socially ill-equipped as these fools. ------------------------------- Last night i threw in "The Best of Chicago" and the damn thing (digitally remastered, I assume) never went past -4dB, and the musci actually lived in the -16db region. What a pleasure it was listening. Ditto for 3 or 4 other "pre 1995" CD's that I checked. ------------------------- Why not have DVD singles of the shit we like? So a fellow could buy - say a single of a video we like. They are already producing the videos for TV, so the content and music are already "prepped", all they need to do is prep and package the damm thing - and keep each singke under $7.00 ------------------------- Osama Bin Laden: So far, I ain't heard one goddamn military analyst or TVtalking head analyse or mention just how ruthlessly efficient and savage and [b]effective[/b] Bin Laden's 9/11/0[b]1[/b] campaign was. 1. Here is a fucking guy that, with probably less than $10 million of his/their own money wiped out over $10BILLION worth of assets for the Uninted States and Company. We're talking returns of 1000:1 and/or higher. 2. Used the resources and civilian population of the USA to inflict that kind of damage...and nobody is saying what a fucking awesome and completely ruthless tactician this guy is. Now he (they) have us as bait and target practice. 3. The Bush Administration (and let's not kid ourselves, the [b]ANY[/b] administration, cuz only a few faces change with a change in govt) are not prepared to fight this kind of ruthless war. Israel isn't winning their war, neither will we. How do you fight someone that has nothing to live for? 4. There are higher number of arab and Muslim sentimentalists than we either are aware of, or care to acknowledge. I'm not anti muslim, but somebody has to rememeber that 100% of the dudes that crashed those four planes were devout Muslims. I've been to over 1/2 dozen countries in the past 3 months - all places where I've visited on numerous occassions, and there are guys I know / and or familiar with that keep walking around saying they are "The Taliban", or "A sniper". Being from a poor, sometimes stupid 3rd world country myself, I can associate with some of these knuckleheads. 7:00am. If you got this far, a very merry Christmas to you. If you don't celebrate it, check it out - even if Santa Claus don't really exist.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Why not have DVD singles of the shit we like? So a fellow could buy - say a single of a video we like.[/quote]Working on it. We are releasing a DVD single with 3 videos on it from our li'l garage outfit ASAP. Oh and btw, 9/11 was in '01, not '02 :) /Z

[quote]Originally posted by NYC Drew: [b] How do you fight someone that has nothing to live for? [/b][/quote]Just like a Mexican drug lord would,ruthlessly and not by the rules.If 9/11 happened in China...........
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by Hank The Cave Peanut: IMO, raising your kids "right" and giving them the ability to differentiate between those old-fashioned concepts of "right" and "wrong" is the only real defense against the stupid stuff you're describing. I don't trust the entertainment industry to raise anybody's kids, that's for sure...[/quote]I'm probably gonna get roasted to high heaven for this, but I could give a shit: It's hard to get the message through when there's so much "noise" around. I read somewhere once, there was a symposium on wireless networking technology. One guy was raving about the maximum connection speed. This was the test>>>> At the seminar (of about 40 attendees), they asked one person to get up and read something from a book. Everybody was able to hear the message clearly. Then another person was asked to read while the first person was still reading; then another. After a while, with more than 7 or so people reading, it became very hard to discern the information being put out. The same with getting the message across to kids (and yes, even to grownups). With so much absolute SHIT being repeated in all forms of media persistently, logic (not opinion, logic) and common sense are buried. Homosexuality: From a "survivalist" perspective (the correct term I believe is "evolutionary"), I think if the next three generations were all "born" homosexuals, the human race would have some very serious problems with continuity - just as if the next three generations were born with sickle cell and brain tumors. Something's wrong when our society (I'm not a Christian, nor Muslim, now Jew or Hindu or Taoist etc) starts repeating ad naseum that being gay is "ok". How the fuck did we get there? In a *pure* gay society, without artificial insemination and / or cloning (coming to a country near you soon), procreation would be what? Close to zero? While you're all getting revved up to respond, bear in mind that I work with gay dancers, gay singers, managers, I have gay (computer) clients, neighbors - and each and every one of them (like my straight associates) are precious and dear to me. I also have a gay brother and gay sister. I accept that's who each of them is, but I don't endorse their lifestyles. I don't have a problem with my kid(s) having gay teachers or doctors or swim/skate instructors. [b]I have a problem with people trying to convince me it's "OK" to be gay.[/b] I don't have an alternative, or a "fix" or a solution, nor am I proposing any kinds of sanctions against "alternative" lifestyle people. I'm just so fucking sick and tired of seeing Rosie's fat mug on TV with her partner etc etc. If you're doing something worthwhile with your life, your sexual orientation means zip to me - until it's in my face, then I have problems

[quote] Something's wrong when our society (I'm not a Christian, nor Muslim, now Jew or Hindu or Taoist etc) starts repeating ad naseum that being gay is "ok". How the fuck did we get there? [/quote]Well, it's "ok" from a species-survivability standpoint in that only 10% of the population is homosexual. So it doesn't matter, humanity will live on. UNLESS...there are a lot of news stories recently (look it up on Google news) about PCBs in the water/food chain causing gender mutations in animals and turning human kids gay. And I don't hear anybody raising a fuss about this; it sure wasn't a campaign issue. So if the population were to trend drastically homosexual due to chemically-induced mutations, you might have to have some sort of "Brave New World"-type artificial insemination policy.

Cool... sounds like a bonefied bitch fest! So me and the significant other went to the mall yesterday to do some Xmas shopping. I decided I needed to pick up a Willie Nelson disk with my new favorite song of the week on it "Seven Spanish Angels"... I go into Sam Goody (I think) and grab my Willie. (Imagine the looks I got! :eek: ) I proceed to the counter and see a bunch of large spindles of CD-Rs for display. Well I need a pack for my usual audio backups so I grab one and throw it up on the counter. The lady remarks, "Boy there sure is a lot of music being burned this year... I've never sold so many CD-Rs before!" I say, "Well that's terrible!", and ask her how long she's been working there... "for years" she replied. Is this absolutely f*cked or what?!? What kind of message are the kids getting when they walk up to the counter of a record store only to view a whole shit pile of 50 pack CD-R spindles?... :mad:

Kris

My Band: http://www.fullblackout.com UPDATED!!! Fairly regularly these days...

http://www.logcabinmusic.com updated 11/9/04

[quote]Originally posted by gratte: UNLESS...there are a lot of news stories recently (look it up on Google news) about PCBs in the water/food chain causing gender mutations in animals and turning human kids gay. [/QB][/quote]So...this explains California? :D

-Steve

-----------------------------------

Sometimes ya gotta find out what it ain't, to find out what it is...

Dude, it makes me wonder what the heck folks a 100 years from now will think of us right now!

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Drew opined: that being gay is "ok". How the fuck did we get there? In a *pure* gay society, without artificial insemination and / or cloning (coming to a country near you soon), procreation would be what? Close to zero? --------------------------------------------- Yes, and while the right to be gay is legal and all, it is not (IMO) a well thought out right/law/priveledge. All people cannot realistically excersice the right to be gay; there wouldn't be anyone left. Aren't 'good' laws to include ALL people? BTW: seeing the 2 guys making out in the Christine A. video almost made me barf.
In two days, it won't matter.

[quote]Originally posted by NYC Drew: [b]Me personally. ...Last night i threw in "The Best of Chicago" and the damn thing (digitally remastered, I assume) never went past -4dB, and the musci actually lived in the -16db region. What a pleasure it was listening. Ditto for 3 or 4 other "pre 1995" CD's that I checked. ------------------------- ...[/b][/quote]Ditto. Here's a funny situation... My best friend and former collaborator, Johnny, owns a home studio outside Chicago. His recordings sound wonderful. Every one recorded on a Roland VS-2480. He's active on the VS-Planet web forum. So one day, someone posts that they have difficulty with distortion on the Roland mic pre's. A bunch of members concur. Turns out there's a bug in the system. To take advantage of the full dynamic range, you have to full peg the input gain, then reset to an appropriate gain for your source. Johnny never experienced this problem, and someone asks why his recordings have always been clean. Turns out, he never allows input levels to peak over -4db VU. Similarly to your CD, the RMS levels are approx. -14dB VU! Now I understand there really IS a bug in the Roland VS pre's, but several members, whining about having to remember to tweak the input gain, have decided to attempt a class action law suit on behalf of all VS users to allow them to peg levels without tweaking! :rolleyes: :D It's not like Roland isn't working on a fix (several reps say they are), but how many users are likely to push the limits of dynamic range with these machines anyway? :confused: :rolleyes: This should be a hot topic in the industry but has been virtually ignored. One can only hope the recording industry will find a new direction for CD mixing and mastering.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

i'd much rather take all of these executives who are waging war for the hearts and minds of our children through the insideous propagation of Hatred and otherforms of evil through art and media (because they know thats how to reach them) outside and beat them with a stick.

Obviously someone has been flaunting his orientation to Drew and Drew is pissed. And riddle me this... If the next 3 generations of the entire population of the planet are indeed gay... And artificial insemination is for some reason not a viable option. Who Gives a Shit? Worried for youre kids or youre kids kids? They're not and youre dead. And when they have lived out their full lives, they'll die too. Just like everyone else who has ever lived. Let not youre happiness level be affected by the things that you cannot change and even if you could, it wouldnt make a shit. ------------- Bitch Bitch Bitch Im surrounded by it and im also its number one client. -------------- Im exhausted, this mono seems to be slowly killing me and my chest feels like its getting stabbed everytime i cough which when i carry that out too long, along comes the phlem and blood. Yet i still have my health, a delusional cruel wit, and an inability to finish reading Jude the obscure due to the fact that Jude really had some tough shit in his life. Compared to him i have the luck of one of the Rockerfeller children. -------------- At the age 25 i finally have the epiphany that im not at all anti establishment(which i always knew was hypocritical) and yet that i am very anti bull shit. If something is crap...Then affix a label with the word crap upon thee and let all know that it is crap. The same goes for inefficient. Inefficiency should be destroyed, quite possibly starting with me as the catalyst for i am now propped up in front of this monitor instead of practicing bass or reading Plato's REPUBLIC. Ive always had the wild idea to run around town with a can of spray paint and on the side of government type operations write the words Harbor Inefficiency or Is This Clean Up Effort On a Bid ? or My Tax Dollars Now Get Spent On The Wall Of My Choosing. or This is not just some weird grafitti about ozzy rules or john loves joan yet it is a scream for a glimmer of recognition. or All of the above have no clear discernable meaning and yet i can make myself sound quite odd with general useless eratta like this. or blah blah blah blah I would like to point out officer that i own no spray paint. ------------- I used the word propoganda today at work and one of my superiors didnt know what it meant. ------------- Ill be back, hell i can think of more. :rolleyes:

Double what we got o mr. roboto

Double

Double

BTW, Drew, Any arguements against homosexuality based on evolution or it being un-natural are pretty silly. There are plenty of instances of animals exhibiting homosexual behavior. It may not be very productive (...er... I mean reproductive! ;) ) but there's nothing un-natural about it, IMO. I'm not gay. I am repulsed at the thought of gay sex, however, there are a lot of things people do in the privacy of their bedrooms that don't appeal to me. So long as it doesn't hurt someone, why should I care? Now if you have a biblical objection to homosexuality... well.. fine. There's no use arguing dogma. Either you believe it's god's word or you don't, which would make homosexuality morally wrong or neutral. (Only bad or good based on subjective mores.) Why, when you have so many gay clients and, apparently, family members, has this become an issue worth bashing, Drew? If it's society recognizing homosexuality in schools, I'm not sure myself if we need "My Two Daddies," on the required reading list. But if we're talking about protections, it does seem unfair that a loving union in which the partners want to contractually share their lives is only available to heterosexuals in most states.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Neil et al, I don't suddenly have an issue with homosexuality, and nobody's been ragging on me. :cool: The Bible that's prevalent around these parts has gone through at least 4 or 5 translations. Ssadly, I try not to take it too seriously on a word-for-word level. Also bear in mind I've had gay siblings of both sexes for close to 20 years. When I was younger, I used to hang around some knuckleheads that thought it was cool to grab girls by the hand and drag them off somewhere. I was uncomfortable inside. After I while, I made my feelings on the idea/action known, and it sure made me feel a whole lot better. Of course, there is no one here that a) [i]really[/i] needs to hear me vent or b) I need to impress (in a positive or negative manner). -------- Mike F, I may be dead and rotted in 100 years, but I'm still bothered by a whole bunch of stuff, and (to me) they still matter... - taking pills to lose weight - social inequalities - global warming - excessive and/or opressive taxation - the fact that because I was born outside of the USA, I can't ever run for president (of the USA) I don't expect to convert anyone, or gain any friends, nor am I looking for people that agree with me. As you can see, these posts are early in the morning kinda stuff. Just unloading. And of all the shit I unloaded, why is homosexuality the "hot" button?

Archived