Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sequencer for use w/Giga?

area51recording

Hi! For several months now I've been working with GigaStudio 160 on a 3ghz P4 w/1gig ram. I've basically been using it as a big sound module, recording in my studio gets done w/a Mac running Digital Performer. I'd like to start using Giga for a live act, mostly triggering bass and keyboard samples from within Giga and sending a click to the drummer. What would be a good sequencing program to use for this? I'm basically looking for midi capabilities, I don't really need a ton of audio recording or editing ability since I will be looking mostly to trigger samples, hence I would imagine something of a more stripped down version of a sequencer would work for my needs. Thanks!

Bob Green

Area 51 Recording Studio

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob, do you have a real need to have it in a sequencer for live use? Many people have switched over to audio files (rendered MIDI files). It's simpler and accomplishes the same thing. The only advantage to MIDI that I can see is that you can change tempo on the fly.

Busch.

Thanx for getting back so soon Busch. I guess I could work with audio files. I was just figuring using midi that I could conserve drive space since i'd just be triggering the samples. Also using midi would be real flexible with regards to changing piano sounds after the fact, changing keys, etc.

Bob Green

Area 51 Recording Studio

Archived