Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard Corner closing in on 100,000 posts!!!

steadyb

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool! Congrats to Dave and all of the sports fans that have made these numbers a possibility! ;)

Additional credit should go to everyone here that believes that being able to read music is necessary in order to achieve a tight groove with other players. And those that don't.

- DJDM

Originally posted by DJDM:

Cool! Congrats to Dave and all of the sports fans that have made these numbers a possibility! ;)

Additional credit should go to everyone here that believes that being able to read music is necessary in order to achieve a tight groove with other players. And those that don't.

Hey, Lance -

Ya wanna mod yer avatar so that we can see yer tongue planted firmly in yer cheek? ;)

GO RAIDERS!!!...at least, the ones on the team that can read music, anyway... :D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Hey, Lance -

Ya wanna mod yer avatar so that we can see yer tongue planted firmly in yer cheek? ;)

GO RAIDERS!!!...at least, the ones on the team that can read music, anyway... :D

dB

http://www.djdm.com/images/images/cheeky.jpg

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Hey, Lance -

dB

http://www.djdm.com/images/images/cheeky.jpg
:thu:

dB

Originally posted by JimmieWannaB:

100k posts and 20% of them came from Jeff, Dave B, Steve L and steadyb.

Yeah, unfortunately, it's like we're the Bored of Directors for the Keyboard Corner. ;)

Originally posted by steadyb:

Originally posted by JimmieWannaB:

100k posts and 20% of them came from Jeff, Dave B, Steve L and steadyb.

Yeah, unfortunately, it's like we're the Bored of Directors for the Keyboard Corner. ;)
Besides, some of us do occasionally post on one or two of the other forums, y'know...

dB

Wow... That's scary! :eek::D Congratulations to us!!

When I joined these boards a couple of years ago, TKC was at... what... 10 000 or 20 000 posts? I think something like that (I may be wrong of course).

Anyway, what I was going to say is that this place literally changed my life. And in a very positive way. And I thank you all for that! :wave:

I am back.

haha...wow, when you think about it there's a lot of good information in that number...all kidding aside, a very good percentage of the 100,000 posts are full of valuable keyboard knowledge from a wide array of sources...cool.
Gotta agree. We've got a great community going here. :thu::thu:

By the way, we had a great jam session at Dave's house Saturday night. :thu:

It was really cool hearing the live rendition of his Beatles cover with the actual girl who sang on the CD. :thu:

Steve, you are one excellent and versatile musician!!! :thu: :

Originally posted by steadyb:

By the way, we had a great jam session at Dave's house Saturday night. thu:

It was really cool hearing the live rendition of his Beatles cover with the actual girl who sang on the CD. :thu:

Steve, you are one excellent and versatile musician!!! :thu: :

Thanks Byron...it was a very fun night...a little crazy at times but you can't have a party without a bit of craziness :) RocknRoll!

It was wonderful hearing so many good piano players...you, Geoff, Dave, Albert...great fun.

That was a great time!

Special thanks to Steve and Tom LeBlanc for bringing their jam band to our annual Hallowe'en party. We were joined by steadyb, Geoff Grace and Ongelique (Mrs. Soapbox can sing, kids!), Lindsay Pagano, Mix magazine's own Albert Margolis, ex-Alesis friends Bob McKean, John Maier, Dan Greenburg and Sue Lowery, and a few others...brother Jeff "synthetic" Laity also came (but didn't play). It was really, really fun! :D:cool:

On the subject of the 100k posts...what can I say that hasn't already been said? I love this forum. It's one of the coolest things in which I've ever been involved; and, as I have said before, I am consistently blown away by the caliber of people who take time out of their lives to make this place a part of their lives.

Thanks. Sincerely. :thu:

dB

It's funny, but this place, minor indescretions put aside, has more knowledge, than any other place I've seen. What's even funnier is that whenever I speak to a salesman from a music company, they rattle off specs, and other (at least to me who's only recently begun getting back into the midi thing) ambiguous language, and I'm totally lost.

Here, I can ask a question, and get an answer that's actually in English, or a similar language that I actually can understand and comprehend. I only wish I knew more about product, mixing, experience, etc, so that I could answer more, but hey, that's probalby why I'm here.

Kudos to everyone involved here at the Forum. I definitely have to agree that if I have something I need to purchase, all of the rave reviews can be found here with no "salesman" pitch, or talk or anything else associated with those guys.

Thanks to everyone who truly makes this board a second home, not to mention the whacky cast of characters (or un-whacky for those of you who are truly straight arrows), who make this place truly and totally crazy, and a pleasure to visit.

:thu::thu::thu::thu::thu:

Erlic

Originally posted by Erlic:

Here, I can ask a question, and get an answer that's actually in English, or a similar language that I actually can understand and comprehend.

There is an important maintenance item you must take care of immediately or your sound quality may suffer.

Before you turn on your gear in the morning, it is essential that you revet the deflagrating escutcheon retainer on your dephatangerizer.

I was a little preoccupied with the southern California wildfires, so I missed the direction that this thread took.

Wow! Thanks for the nice things that you guys wrote about my wife's singing and my playing. Of course, I feel the same about your talents and abilities as well. (Our jam session was a lot of fun as was Dave's party.) We're all very lucky to share such a musical and personable community here in The Keyboard Corner!

You guys are the greatest! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Archived