Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Center Deals

burningbusch

Dropped into Guitar Center Seattle and saw some pretty exceptional prices on a few things. They are running a special sale now through the weekend. It's limited to whatever stock the store has, so you might only find a few of these items. They might be new in box or store demos.

Motif-6 $1200

Motif-7 $1400

Motif-8 $1600

Moog Performer Voyager (lighted wheels edition) $1800

EMU Proteus Keyboard $399

EMU Vintage Keys rack module $399

Nord Lead 3 $999

Nord Lead 3 Rack $799

Access Virus B Rack $400

Access Virus B Keyboard $600

Steinberg Studio Case $199

There are quite a few other things. Most of the stuff is pro audio and keyboards. Hope this isn't construed as SPAM (no affiliation with GC), just pass on the good word.

Busch.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a miserable experience at one of the Phoenix area GCs the other week. Buncha idiots unwilling to assist customers. But...the prices aren't bad.

k.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

House of Guitars here has their annual Keyboard Day tomorrow. Manufacturer reps are there to demo everything. While it's often crowded, it's a great way to shop for gear and get answers from people that know their product line inside and out. The deals are usually outstanding.

It might be time to finally buy a new master keyboard. Hmmmm...ES8 or K2600X...tough choice. I wish I knew if there's an updated Kurzweil flagship coming soon because I'd wait for it.

Originally posted by ELP71:

Well I would find it difficult buying keyboards from somplace called "Guitar Center".

ROFL. :cool:

I don't mind the sign. Like someone else said, it is the people inside that turn me off. I consider myself lucky if someone knows how to turn on one of the keyboards. Playing the demo tunes that come on most keybaords or modules is usually way over their heads. Sometimes I am just happy to find keyboards without missing keys, buttons or knobs.

But as I keep saying on this message board, if someone is smart enough to know how to use and demostrate several brands of workstations, they are smart enough to find a better job than keyboard salesman at Guitar Center.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Mark Zeger:

House of Guitars here has their annual Keyboard Day tomorrow. Manufacturer reps are there to demo everything. While it's often crowded, it's a great way to shop for gear and get answers from people that know their product line inside and out. The deals are usually outstanding.

It might be time to finally buy a new master keyboard. Hmmmm...ES8 or K2600X...tough choice. I wish I knew if there's an updated Kurzweil flagship coming soon because I'd wait for it.

I went to the HOG on Sat and met some pretty clueless reps. First of all, that place is like Sanford and Son opened up a music store. How they ever even do inventory is beyond me?? Anyways, I wanted to demo the Andromeda and spoke with the Alesis rep about some basic questions. Between enjoying his turkey and ham subs he mentioned to me that he knew very little about this and then went to get a guy from the KEYBOARD department to try and explain things to me. WOW??? WTF, you don't even understand your own flagship synth?? He then proceed to tell me that the ION was their "ALL ANALOGUE 8 voice keyboard." Then he repeated to me that it was ALL ANALOG. Unreal.

:eek:

Originally posted by Rabid:

Originally posted by ELP71:

Well I would find it difficult buying keyboards from somplace called "Guitar Center".

ROFL. :cool:

I don't mind the sign. Like someone else said, it is the people inside that turn me off.

The guys in the keyboard department at my local GC (Beaverton Oregon) actually have a clue and actually can play. So its YMMV.

Originally posted by tdm71:

Originally posted by Mark Zeger:

I went to the HOG on Sat and met some pretty clueless reps. First of all, that place is like Sanford and Son opened up a music store. How they ever even do inventory is beyond me?? Anyways, I wanted to demo the Andromeda and spoke with the Alesis rep about some basic questions. Between enjoying his turkey and ham subs he mentioned to me that he knew very little about this and then went to get a guy from the KEYBOARD department to try and explain things to me. WOW??? WTF, you don't even understand your own flagship synth?? He then proceed to tell me that the ION was their "ALL ANALOGUE 8 voice keyboard." Then he repeated to me that it was ALL ANALOG. Unreal.

:eek:

If you were surprised by the store layout, or lack thereof, sounds like your first time at the HOG. Most people around this area find the complete lack of slick retailing adds a great vibe. It's the anti-GC.

On Saturday, I had a very good experience with the Kurzweil rep walking me through the advantages on upgrading my K2500RS to a K2600, with a very detailed walk through of KDFX. I had a good demo of the Motif ES from the Yamaha rep, too (the price on a ES8 is making my choice really tough). I didn't have enough time to find the Alesis rep, but it sounds like they could use a new one.

Archived