Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

YES!!! iBook G4

Superbobus

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh...

um.

Oh...

um.

dammit!

Uh.. let's.. try to.. see.. why my TiBook is better? -smirk-

15 INCH WIDESCREEN!

MORE CACHE!

and uh.. it *SEEMS* Powerbooks have less problems from what I've read on the forums.

On the other hand, theiBook's have USB 2.0 too..

Superbobus

I am also looking at a software set up with Kontakt, and perhaps other samplers/synths.

Which one of the Ibooks are you going for? Do you think there's much of a performance boost between the 800Mhz and the 1 Ghz?

Can you tell the speed of the harddrive? Is it 4200 RPM's?

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

The TiBook is of course still a great machine, but I'd prefer the AluBook because of USB2.0 and more ports and speed. Problem is, I just don't have the bucks for it and it looks like saving up is not working with what I'm earning. And if it was working, it means I still have to wait. Now that the iBook comes with USB2.0, DDR RAM and AltiVec, it's a bargain I think (well, for an Apple it is). And 640 MB of RAM will be okay I guess.

http://www.bobwijnen.nl

Hipness is not a state of mind, it's a fact of life.

I'm strongly considering one, for use as (a) a "scratch pad" audio deck (with inexpensive software like Ableton's live)...also (b) to use as a virtual synth to run NI's B-4 or something like that.

Would the audio-out (1/8 ") be sufficient? In general, would the MAC itsef be low enough latency to use teh soft synths live??

Or do I still need to get a soundcard?

Thanks!

Big T from NY

:wave:

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

I'm debating with my siblings being the new ibook or i-mac for my mom's chanukah present...it's awesome that they're up to G4's, but I'm a little annoyed/shocked that the Imac (remember, it was supposed to be the economical version) is up in the mid 1000 range!!!

Archived