Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

i need a new organ

schmoron13

Originally posted by tom fiala:

Hey Jdub, I've got a V5 too. I find that sometimes the V3 and C3 settings are really "too much" for my taste, and switch to the more subtle c2 / v2 settings. I'm surprised at your comment about these being inaudible....that hasn't been my experience.

Hmm, that's interesting. What type of leslie/leslie sim do you use? Maybe it is just my setup... I run the V5 through a MS Pro3T and keyboard amp. When the leslie is on off, I can hear V1/C1 slightly, and V2,C2 pretty well. But when I swith the leslie to slow or fast, I cannot hear V1/C1 at all, and I have to really cocentrate to hear V2/C2. I will experiment with my setup and see if I can hear it any better.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Keybass:

For gigs I will play a VK-8 with a pro3-t and low pro as well as a classic tube stomp box pre.

What should I expect in terms of sound?

Well, I'm using the Motion-Sound KBR-M. I'm happy with it, but it's a bit weak on the low end. I suspect that your Pro-3T/Low-Pro setup will be much better in that respect. Add in a pre-amp, and it will probably sound great!

I'm not a big VK-8 fan though, although there are people who absolutely love them. Right, Superbobus? :)

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Originally posted by Dave Pierce:

Originally posted by Keybass:

For gigs I will play a VK-8 with a pro3-t and low pro as well as a classic tube stomp box pre.

What should I expect in terms of sound?

Well, I'm using the Motion-Sound KBR-M. I'm happy with it, but it's a bit weak on the low end. I suspect that your Pro-3T/Low-Pro setup will be much better in that respect. Add in a pre-amp, and it will probably sound great!

I'm not a big VK-8 fan though, although there are people who absolutely love them. Right, Superbobus? :)

--Dave

I must admit that the CX-3 has cleaner or more transparent flutes but with Roland's OS update the difference becomes insignificant.

I hope you get your B-3 and still get to keep your immortal soul. It would suck to have a B-3 and no soul. ;)

Peace

Originally posted by Dave Pierce:

--Dave

The weak spot of the VK8 was the Leslie sim, no low end at all. I advise every VK8 owner to update the OS to v2.0. It's a whole other ball game.

CX3's sound is too clean for me, although there are people who absolutely love them. Right, Dave? ;)

http://www.bobwijnen.nl

Hipness is not a state of mind, it's a fact of life.

Originally posted by Superbobus:

CX3's sound is too clean for me, although there are people who absolutely love them. Right, Dave? ;)

:D:wave:

Yup. It's a funny thing -- I really like the sound of a distorted Hammond. Even really heavily overdriven ala John Lord. EXCEPT when it's me playing it. Somehow I just like a nice, clean, undistorted sound.

Warm, yes. Slightly overdriven in the amplifier sense, yes. But clean, baby, clean. :thu:

I bet it goes back to my church days. Like as soon as I hear actual distortion, I get a deja vu sense of my mom glaring at me from the piano, prepping a tongue-lashing about respect and venues for later. ;)

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

My trouble is I like them all. I like having the B3/122+147 setup, plus I like what a CX-3 does. There are some songs where a CX-3 is just right.

There are even times where a cheesy old DX-7 version of a Hammond sound will be perfect for a song. Not always, but some times, some songs.

I even keep my old 145 and 120 cabinets around because for some songs the M-2 run through the 145 has a unique sound that fits into a track with certain acoustic guitars. Why it is this way I never know. It just works.

Our only duty, each of us, is to acquire as many Hammonds (real and virtual) as we can! Once we convince our family, friends and loved ones, the rest is easy.

the only good signature is the one on a cheque or a confession

Hey Jdub...my rig is the Voce V5 into the motion-sound kbr-3d. If you aren't hearing the difference between c2/v2 and c3/v3 with the leslie off, maybe there's a problem with your voce?

(I also use the NI B4 program, and sometimes use either the KB3 mode in the Kurz pc2r or Motif rack for organ sounds too, depending on the sound we're going for..)

Tom F.

"It is what it is."

Archived