Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Death by harmony...

I watched the "Motown Christmas" thing on USA last night. Take 6 came out and killed me. I mean, I'm a huge fan of vocal harmony, I love Boyz II Men, All For One, even some of the stuff I've heard by some of the "boy bands"... But Take 6, they seem to take it to another level altogether...a "not of this Earth" kinda thing. Phenomenal stuff. Just had to reflect upon that. I would have to say that they're arguably the best at what they do.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take 6 are still the cutting edge of vocal harmony. One of the reasons they are so tight is that they are all musicians. Those are arrangments they are singing. No doubt they are the shit. I heard a group recently on the PBS Gershwin tribute called "Manahatan Voices" that were also very good. But Take 6, Yeah Buddy.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

[quote]Originally posted by TheDude: [b]Take 6 was great, and I was impressed with Bryan McKnight. I didn't know he could play piano. Stevie wonder had his shit together too. ;) [/b][/quote]Brian McKights big brother is in Take 6, Brian also plays guitar. and Stevie has had his shit together since 1966.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

I first heard Take 6 on a grammies-type show many years ago. They came on the stage [i]after[/i] the Manhattan Transfer, I felt sorry for them...but only for 20 seconds or so. Picked my jaw up off the floor and bought their CD the next day. :thu:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

[quote]Originally posted by O' Little Jotown Of Bethlehem: [b]I guess we both know that then. :) [/b][/quote]Oh! Oh! I know it, too!!! :) ...But, what I did NOT know, is that Take 6 are so talented, for I have not heard them. I'll keep an open ear for them now. Thanks for the tip, Mr. Ster. :D

Archived