Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Emagic Space Designer

synthetic

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just spent about an hour playing various acoustic piano patches (QS8, K2500, JV1010 all internal FX off -"bone dry"-) with the Space Designer. Just using the default reverb setting (I don't have any presets yet), and only messing with the reverb decay time and the wet/dry mix...a very basic test drive to see how it sounds.

I must say...WOW!!! :eek::thu:

This thing really does sound amazing...REALLY great.

Incredibly natural sounding.

I'll take it. :cool::D

I have half the computer steady has - dual 533 with 1.12GB RAM. One processor bar was up around 50%.

One cool thing about the Space Designer is the ability to cut the sample rate by 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8. Not only does it use less processor, but it gets REALLY lo-fi sounding...which I LOVE!!! :freak:

At this point, I can't play any acoustic piano patch without it. Just can't do it. It makes my "ok to good" pianos sound "great". :thu:

Sorry to go on and on, but it's been ages since I've been this impressed by the sound of a reverb.

That's it, that's all.

Intoned in Homer Simpson voice: "Mmmmmmmmmnnn... convolution!"

Seems like a significant coup for Emagic that AltiVerb, also a great reverb, is no longer the only game in town. I gotta have a listen to this soon...

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Can anyone who have used this compare it to Altiverb, soundwise? Frankly I'm not interested in tweaking a convoluting reverb plugs, so the concept of more knobs in Space Designer is not important to me. But, using the same IR (if it's possible, that is), do you think both programs will be much different?

The online demos are very interesting. I wasn't into the spacy, unrealistic ones so much (my preference, nothing wrong with the product), but I loved the Chambre, Concert Hall, and TajMahal presets.

Emagic will be receiving some $$ from me.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived