Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How do the new Roland RS-50 & RS-70 sound?

skier4467

How do the new Roland RS-50 & RS-70 sound?

Anyone try one of these yet? I'm wondering if the sounds are much better than on the RS-5 and RS-9? It says these new ones have all-new CD-quality sounds but I'm wondering how true this comment is? Is it just marketing or is there great improvement?

$800 for the RS-50....sounds like it might be a good deal?!?

I'm mostly looking for piano, rhodes, organs, lead pads, and editing capabilities.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just went to a annual music gears exhibition in Beijing and tried a couple of keyboards there, in cluding the RS70 ,which i 've been curious about for a while.

The two pactches (a piano, tho not sure if that's the "main" piano patch, and a ballade organ) just turned me away and never look back. To me it just sounds like the older budget board RS5/RS9.Sounds cheap, thin, tinny.

I think my comments are from the comparison with my old JV1000, which sounds pretty good to my ears.

Anyone tried these ,too?

I tried the RS-70 and I liked it. The pianos sounded very nice and had a wide selection of strings and other instruments, plus your synth effects.. I'd just say try one out yourself. For $1000 the RS-70 is nice.. haven't tried out an RS-50 but I did consider both instead of the Fantom-S - but I will be going with the Fantom-S since it includes sampling.

I've tried the RS-70 also. It really is like the older RS-5/9's, but it has newer, and possibly better sounds, sequencing, it's silver, includes a D-beam :love: , changed around and more buttons, and other small features. The feel is the same if you were expecting something different. It's the same size and weight, but it is a very good keyboard.
Keep the music flowing!

Archived