Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Risque' lyrics

[quote]Originally posted by LiveMusic: [b] "And there's only one or two I've ever screwed" I love this line and it makes the whole song. It's the hook. People smile at that line. I like songs like that.[/b][/quote]I think thats your answer.

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by LiveMusic: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Anifa: [b]LiveMusic.... DUDE... what's up with the ___ude You're killing me with too much repetition of the rhyme, I couldn't get past the monotinous never ending ood, ude, ewed, to even intake the content of what was being said...[/b][/quote]Fine. I don't know if I'll keep that rhyme pattern or not but other people who've heard this song love it. And I've had people COMPLIMENT the clever use of the OOD rhyme. Has that EVER been done before? Probably. I dunno. If I eventually find out it's as bad as you say, I'll change it.[/b][/quote]I don't know if there is really anything totally wrong with doing it that way.... I personally just found it distracting and somewhat annoying after a point. Of course, I have to take into consideration that I'm not listening to the musical composition of this; I'm merely reading it as lyric. Approaching it from a poetic perspective, the rhyme is just TOO prevalent; IMO. So much so that it sounds forced. You have 1=2 move to 3 1=2 return to 3 1=2 return to 3 1=2 return to 3 then you move into a chorus that comes straight back into the return of 3 It's entirely too much for my personal taste, but I must admit.... It is far better than some of the stuff out there now, where not only are there no rhymes present in some songs, they don't even make sense either. Maybe if I heard the piece set to music it would have an entirely different feel and appeal to me.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

I am from the old school on this. I think you should search for a better word everytime. Risque lyrics kind of make it a novelty song by default. Just my opinion.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Archived