Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rod Stewart & his big band

Anyone see Rod Stewart and his new band on A&E? -Rod was promoting his new 'swing band, cocktail music' record. For me, it's kind of ironic when I think back of his days with 'The Faces', all falling down drunk on stage, to this *mature* sound. What are your thoughts? Matt
In two days, it won't matter.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rod's a good singer. What's odd, to me, is that this isn't (as I heard him describe it) the popular music of his youth---he never listened to this stuff! It's the popular music of [i]his mum's[/i] youth! Frankly, all you can consider it is a present for his older relatives...or a strategy to get some of that yuppy-rific market that equates old pop music (regardless of quality) with "classiness".

I was working on a computer with my back to the TV when I first heard the commercial for it. I kept asking myself,"who the hell is that?" When I realized it was Mr. Stewart, I had to laugh. It just don't work at all. The reason he did this IMHO, is that he got dropped by his label in the spring, and someone offered him a sh** load of money to do this. Some folks can sing those songs, and some shouldn't. Rod shouldn't have.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Archived