Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why no ReBirth for OS-X?

Dan South

I had just assumed that since the Propellerheads had ported Reason, they would have had ReBirth ready of OS-X, also. No dice. Any rumors as to when this might be available? I'm feeling a 909 urge coming on.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be nice if they would update it, not just for OSX, but also to get the square wave right, among other things.

Amazing that after all these years, with people trying to emulate so many different synths (and many of them succeeding), that no one has been able to accurately emulate the sound of the Roland TB-303, admittedly a bog-simple synthesizer. :rolleyes:

Go tell someone you love that you love them.

Dan:

If your such a 909 phreak why not get a real one? Ebay has them. They're not cheap, and ReBirth is certainly cheaper, but the real deal is always preferable. At least to me. I'll use ReBirth for the 303, but only until I can afford a real one. Nothing beats them!

"The heart of the machine is evolving, the soul has emerged, and all who embrace it will reach Teknotic Nirvana." ~ Nos Tehbi "Book of the Teknos"

I'd like to see a ReBirth update too, and not just for OS-X. I'd like to see the 303 models actually go past the 303. Maybe add some different waveforms or waveshaping. Beef up the effects a bit.

ReBirth is great because of it's simplicity. I'd hate to have it follow down the same path as Turbosynth (remember that?).

Michael Oster

F7 Sound and Vision

Originally posted by Ender:

Dan:

If your such a 909 phreak why not get a real one? Ebay has them. They're not cheap, and ReBirth is certainly cheaper, but the real deal is always preferable. At least to me. I'll use ReBirth for the 303, but only until I can afford a real one. Nothing beats them!

Synching to MIDI would be problematic.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived