Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Winona Ryder

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And you are probably right. That is unless you could afford a $100.000.00 legal budget. The sad part is this will probably help her popularity. She will become the Eminem of actors. The man, always holding her down. ;)

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Did you see the list of 'scrips in her purse? I mean I understand that people in pain need meds sometimes, but you really need to carry it around with you? Cancer patients don't have that many drugs! I mean for a broken bone, Liquid Demerol and Morphene? Jeeeeeeeeez.
I really don't know what to put here.

it was not neccessarily money it is not like the judge does not know who she is he knows she is talented and has money what would be the point to putting her in jail when obviously she has drug problems among other things we are putting to many of the wrong people in jail corporate execs bilk millions out of share holders politicians extort who knows how much from constituents meanwhile the corner pot dealer goes to jail while somehow cocaine by the tons mysteriously manages to find its way into the united states if someone needs to be made an example of how about jeb kids down in florida looks like those brats need something to put reality into their life since obviously their right wing conservative parents did not

[quote]Originally posted by thisDude: [b]She's hot and all, but I think if I were caught stealing $2,500 worth of stuff, I'd be in jail.[/b][/quote]Is that right? I'm no lawyer, and I don't know anything about Florida, but if you had a clean record and a steady job etc, couldn't you get a non-jail punishment? $2,500 is not much. But I'm not defending you Winona! You bad! Don't steal!

Well, that's exactly my point. Money does make the difference, because your generic pot dealer can't afford the same legal defense as say the Bush girl. Hence you have a double standard when pot guy goes to prison, and rich guy gets probation for his 5th drug possession arrest. It happens all the time. BTW-feel free to use the period (.) it makes reading easier. ;)
I have no homepage.

Oh, sorry. :p Would Average Joe serve jail time for shoplifting $ [b]5,500[/b] worth of merchandise? It's hard to say, but it's certainly possible. Remember, that the punishment for stealing that much in value is a lot different than say getting caught shoplifting some CD's from Wal-Mart. With that much money, your talking about a serious felony charge.
I have no homepage.

[quote]Originally posted by Brakka.: [b]The subject matter is Winona.[/b][/quote]********************************************* "Winona" I tried to call you but the line was busy Were you talking to a friend? When I tried again much later I didn't want to let it ring again So you can see I've got a problem Back by popular demand Sometimes I want to keep it from you Sometimes I think you'll understand Could you be my little movie star? Could you be my long lost girl? It's true that I don't really know you but I'm alone in the world When I think maybe I need you I don't care if it's not true 'cause it isn't so much what I need now as what I want from you Could you be my little movie star? Could you be my long lost girl? It's true that I don't really know you but I'm alone in the world I feel alone I feel alone - Matthew Sweet **************************************** :D

Her sentence was the same, or maybe a little more lenient than that of a typical first time offender for shoplifting. Her sentence also includes 450+ hours of community service. That said, here's where the difference between celebrities and non-celebrities might show up: I doubt she'll be picking up trash from the side of the highway. I'm actually glad the justice system allows for leeway in sentencing. Every situation is different, and the judge should be able to make judgement calls depending on the situation. Unfortunately, poor, uneducated, and/or non-white offenders tend to get harsher sentences than higher profile/ richer offenders. I'm not saying that Winona Ryder should rot in jail for a relatively minor offense. But I don't think that some 18 yr. old poor kid should rot in jail for a similar crime, either.

Jotown said: [quote] The sad part is this will probably help her popularity. She will become the Eminem of actors. [/quote]Ha! Before 8-mile, I wouldn't have appreciated the irony of that comment. But with such media attention the trial has gotten, did the judge really have a choice but to be leanient? I think we've all learned the lessons of Rodney King (OJ's savior). There would be riots in the streets of Hollywood and every pill poppin spoiled princess would be looting. We can't have that. ...but she is hot.

Archived