Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sax great Bob Berg dead...

Jazz saxaphonist Bob Berg died last night as a result of a car accident in NY. I had the pleasure of working with him in the mid 80's with miles foa few years, he was an incredible human being. I remember once finishing a short east coast run in DC, and myself and the stage manager were driving the (24') backline truck back to New York City after the show. Bob, wanting to get home, asked if he could hop a ride, and he entertained us the enitre ride with stories of his life and travels. He was an amazing and unique player as well, and will be missed by many.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doh! :cry: :cry: :cry: What a tragedy, he truly was one of the finest tenor players I had heard, and really established himself a unique voice alongside of people like Mike Brecker and Bob Mintzer - - What a tremendous and tragic loss...
Woof!

Originally posted by Jotown: [quote] So many great ones go in Cars and small planes. Just getting to, or from a gig. [/quote]Not that I am a great one, but these 60-90 minute drives to and from gigs is exactly why I am trying to relocate. That won't stop the accident that just happens, but when you pull a double then drive home from the Cape at 2am you aren't trying to help your chances.

Archived