Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I need help!!

I'm contemplating making the jump to getting rid of my 01v and purchasing the mackie control. My question is are their any products on the marketplace that resembles the control room section on a mixing board or anything that I can control my monitor volume with? I have a motu 2408 for use with Sonar 2.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, most of the control surfaces out there have knobs and sliders that YOU assign to a paticular function within the audio software. So, if a master monitor volume control is not available in Sonar, you cannot assign a knob or fader on the control surface, dig? Matt
In two days, it won't matter.

Why not use the 01V as a controller? I know it's limited but I wouldn't buy a hardware controller right now, they're so new and I get the feeling that they are going to get better and better ... for less coin. I'd sit tight or buy the cheapest one that suits your needs if you need one right now.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

[quote]Originally posted by ace20019: [b]What would be the benefit of using the 01v's AD converters to be able to monitor with?[/b][/quote]As I understand it, the Mackie Control is a control surface ... no ADDA or anything. Your 01V can also act as a control surface VIA MIDI ... albeit in a limited way, or at least it can under Nuendo. Conversion is a separate issue, I thought you were asking about a hardware controller?
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

That goes back to my original question....I was looking for some type of hardware which would interface with my computer which would allow me to control my monitors and switch between various stereo sources.

[quote]Originally posted by ace20019: [b]That goes back to my original question....I was looking for some type of hardware which would interface with my computer which would allow me to control my monitors and switch between various stereo sources.[/b][/quote]Hmm ... and that goes back to the question of if your DAW will allow a 01V to control monitor level and select sources. If you choose to program it yourself you may be in luck :)

Archived