Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

i'm doing something wrong with my sampler...

i got this new sampler (yeah, new, made in 1995, new to me!) it replaced my mirage (dead) its a akai s2000, and i bought a 250mb zip drive for it. anyway the thing works great, and i have figured out a lot of the complicated stuff like multi-mode and velocity groups. neato! THE PROBLEM i am having is: i am getting "drive full" messages even though i have only about 60mb of stuff on the drive (250 - 60 = 190 left) i have an idea whats wrong, it has got to be something with the volume setup. i think the way i am saving the entire memory into a volume uses up the entire volume (?) i have RTFM many times, it doesnt help with external drives. also i have scoured the net for this info, and it seems i am the only dumbass who is having this problem. i KNOW some of you guys are running akai series samplers, so WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? do i need to save into my volumes different? this sampler is too much fun!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by coaster: [b]i KNOW some of you guys are running akai series samplers[/b][/quote]My memory doesn't seem to go back that far.What's this thing called again? Akai? I seem to recall something of that nature back in the day..............
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Archived