Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Suggestions for a mixer or digital recorder in the 250 $ range

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by TheJesustown: [b]Can I borrow your wife for a night? I promise I'll take her out on the town.[/b][/quote]As long as it is the jesustown. I'm ready for a new one anyway. Second trainer wife is gettin kind of grumpy these days...don't tell her I said that...I still want a new mixer.
Heeeeeere kitty kitty kitty

[quote]Originally posted by WewusTown: [b]$250.00 huh? I think Lego makes a digital mixer for about that price.[/b][/quote]I know its not much, but I was hoping I could get something. I have this ancient Realistic DJ mixer and I just about had it with it.Keep in mind I am just an amateur. Don't need a 3K mixer.

midispacehotown, heres a board for ya right in your range : http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=021206052023012225182121134336/search/g=live/detail/base_id/35497 it'll be better than what you have now,not digital though:( dirrttytown
I cannot be bought, and I cannot be threatened. But if you put them both together then I'm your man!"

Thanks! That may work nicly. Its something like that or perhaps the cheapest ass digital recorder going. I may be able to coax her up to 300. Honestly where I am at right now with electronic music composition does not require top of the line gear. Everything I have is pretty much entry or midlevel anyway.

midi, what are using now,i might be able to give you some other ideas. heres my rig: Wallstreet 292/512 mb ram 8GB Hd Rebirth 2 Pro-tools free(i also have 4.1.1 if i need smpte) studio vison pro 3.5.6(old school) hopefully gonna get Reason for christmas:) monk
I cannot be bought, and I cannot be threatened. But if you put them both together then I'm your man!"

No DAW at this point, but that will happen in the future. Right now I primarily use my MC 505 and Yamaha CS1X going into the DJ mixer and on to a shitty amp. I also have a Zoom 234 drum machine, Prophet 600, Yamaha dx200, Yamaha su200, Roland TR 505 drum machine. I need to get what I have working better. I fall into the habit of buying new instruments when I really need other equipment like monitors, mixer, recorder, etc.

Yea thats what I'm thinkin. It would also be nice to be able to record onto something...even 4 tracks. I don't want to go with an analog tape recorder though. It is a lot of outputs. Oh yea, I forgot about this freaky ass Univox drum machine I picked up at a garage sale.

this might be the ticket here a little over but will allow you to record.: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=021206053631012225182121139260/search/g=rec/detail/base_id/84791 it records onto a smartmedia that holds 25 min of audio no harddrive but it could be a great idea machice.i have not tried this but guitar center might have 1 to play with might be worth it. monk

Anyway,I'm just an amateur. I love love love electronica. I am a trained drummer and played a lot in high school and college, but I am not a professional musician. I got my feet wet with the zoom drum machine and have been addicted to programing beats since then. If my wife did not reign me in, I would blow my entire salary on equipment...DAMN HER! I really need more equipment. I feel like such a putz hanging out in hear with all of these pros when I am clearly an entry level kind of guy, but I like it here and have learned a lot. Mostly that I have a hell of a lot of ground to cover before I could hold a candle to any of y'all. Hey if this vegas thing comes together, I will probably have to kidnap one of you to come hook my shit up right!

[quote]Originally posted by just plain ol'dirrtty: [b]this might be the ticket here a little over but will allow you to record.: [url=http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=021206053631012225182121139260/search/g=rec/detail/base_id/84791]http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=021206053631012225182121139260 /search/g=rec/detail/base_id/84791[/url] it records onto a smartmedia that holds 25 min of audio no harddrive but it could be a great idea machice.i have not tried this but guitar center might have 1 to play with might be worth it. monk[/b][/quote]That actually looks pretty good. I could probably get her to go for it.

Archived