Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Peavey and Musicians Friend

Dan O

I heard that Peavey products will be sold by Musicians Friend . Since MF is owned by Guitar Center , I find this news interesting . No chain stores was part of Peavey's mission statement, or something like that ....... :confused:

Dano

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peavey changed their poilicies and is now selling part of their line through many online and catalog dealers. It's been like that for a couple of months. I guess they were missing out on too much business to stay away from online and catalog sales.

I see Peavey gear at 8thStreet.com, Musicians Friend.com, Zzounds.com

I didn't really think about the effect of Behringer on Peavey , but you brought up a good point .

The growth of M Audio + PRS are directly tied to Guitar Center supporting there products . I think Behinger's growth is tied in as well . IMO .

Dano

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

I do know from the owner of the local Mom & Pop shop that Hartley promised his dealers he would never do this. The local store owner promptly cancelled all his Peavey back orders when he got the letter from his rep explaining why they were making the move to catalog sales.

Scott

Originally posted by S_Gould:

I do know from the owner of the local Mom & Pop shop that Hartley promised his dealers he would never do this. The local store owner promptly cancelled all his Peavey back orders when he got the letter from his rep explaining why they were making the move to catalog sales.

Scott

Ouch! Immediate backlash!

The local mom&pops around here have pretty much kicked Peavey to the curb already. For the low end, it's Behringer, Crate for guitar amps, and Mackie for sound reinforcement. They stock whatever they can stock the most of for the least amount of money. It's that simple.

If you want Peeveme products, it doesn't matter where you get burned (I worked with a bass player who used to carry a heavy Peavy bass amp. One day it broke, and he opened it to try to fix it. There was a 10-lb amp and a huge lead weight...)

Dasher

It's all about the music. Really. I just keep telling myself that...

The Soundsmith

Archived