Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Closed Down Night Clubs

There was a cool club in DC called the Bayou, it was the coolest gig in town, and it's now an apartment building. the owners tried to resurect it as a club called the Garage, but that sold out to techno, and later became an r&B place under different ownership. Baltimore just lost a killer club called the Eight By ten too. The clubs are changing over to pay to play here too. A lot of the smaller rooms just can't handle bands. Cheers, Keny

http://www.kennyruyter.com/old/cowmix.mp3 <- Cowbell fever REMIX oh damn!!!

http://www.eastcoastbands.com

aka: ECBRules . thisOLDdude . keny . Scooch

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by meriphew: [b]Seattle still has a pretty good live music scene with quite a few clubs to play in.[/b][/quote]A friend of mine up that way has told me that almost all of the original music clubs up there are pay to play venues. Is that true?

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Its not a "nightclub"... but I just read that the famous Detroit sports bar, Lindell AC has been sold and will be turned into a dance club. The Lindell has been there for like 60 years and is such a cool little bar. Its in a horrible section of town, so you have to dodge crackheads and hookers to get there... but once you are inside you are treated to Authentic sports memoribilia (the real stuff, donated over the years by all of the pros)... a warm friendly atmosphere, the owner Johnny who is like 80 years old is always there very cool guy. Anyone from Detroit, knows the Lindell and has probably done some shots there. We used to hang there in the summer of 90' when I was a college student working to earn some money as a bartender on a dinner-cruise ship on the Detroit river. There used to be this old whisky bottle sitting on the mantle, all by itself...dusty and I think with cobwebs hanging from it. It was called something like "Old Chalmers" whisky. We used to joke about that bottle, and asked Jimmy how long it had been sitting there... he said "oh...probably 20 years". On our last night there, we had him pull that bottle down and pour all 5 of us a shot. Let me tell you... that whisky tasted like s-it. :p

Archived