Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

mbl is an embarassment

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why? because he posted something you didn't like? Supression of unpopular ideas and engaging in personal attacks is the real embarrassment. Unfortunately, it's all too common in America today. That's the real embarrassment.

This used to be the best place on the web, a real community. It's getting worse all the time, many fine people don't post here anymore, am I right or wrong? Peace, Han
The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

mbl is ok with me. He's just calls it like he sees it. I had to laugh at some of the posts, talking about us old guys ( I'm 49) going to the concert in our suv's. When I went to the concert I drove my 40k+ automobile and stopped at Starbucks on the way for a Latte. No joke.(What happened to the cat the got kicked out of school in the 60's for having hair that was too long.) As I mentioned in one of my posts, in Oct. I also went to see, on seperate nights, Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock. They are also products of the 60's. They both played beautifuly and nothing they played was written any later then say 1968. They both played songs that they wrote in the 60's. Great shit! Chick played them more traditionally, Herbie gave them all a 12 tone approach almost to the point that you could hardly tell what tune he was playing. I guess the point I want to make is: learn to listen and understand it all. Don't label any of it. ( Like Duke said, There's only good and bad.) You'll become a better musician/producer for it and that's why we all get together here. Later, Linwood

As much as I disagree with MBL in his thread about McCartney... ...there is no need to start a thread JUST to attack him...unless he attacks you personally... ...so far, only McCartney would have a right to do that here. Debating MBL within the other thread is one thing... ...but this kind of stuff just leads to forum member animosity.

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

I have no idea who mbl is, but if s/he is like Bralala then everybody look out. I dont know if you can get more twisted than bralala. [quote] why? because he posted something you didn't like? Supression of unpopular ideas and engaging in personal attacks is the real embarrassment. Unfortunately, it's all too common in America today. That's the real embarrassment. [/quote]Someone forgot to tell the democrats/liberals this one. I just had to get my pointless jab in, but hey there is really nothing of substance being talked about on this thread anyway. :D

mbl: I hope you weren't offended by what I said in the McCartney thread. I just thought you were 5 times as harsh as you could have reason to be. I must add my voice to those saying that this thread is just plain childish. MBL, I hope you'll stay with us here. Might not have been the best welcome, but as you must have gathered, there are many people here with strong opinions about things. Every once in a while that causes these kinds of threads. C ya m8!

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

Einstein: The difference between genius and stupidity is: Genius has limits

My Blog...

Thanks, Joachim. I DO plan on staying with this forum. Actually, I've been enjoying reading it for a while, I just haven't posted a topic or reply. I'm not offended by this guy's thread. (I laughed when I saw it.) In my original topic some guys took a few unnecessary personal shots at me, but I know how emotional we all get about music and the other arts. I really didn't expect such one-sided reaction, though. I thought more would agree with my opinion, or at least understand it and offer debate rather than (in some cases) personal attack. In hindsght I guess my choice of words in describing how I felt could have been better, but hey, it was my FIRST post! They were SINCERE however, and I still feel as strong about it.... :)

Archived