Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help! Project file corrupt in SONAR 2.1!

Craig & List... I have been working on an epic 15+ min. prog tune in SONAR 2.1 with GigaStudio. Everything was going great when BAM, I got 2 faults in 5 minutes, both generated by mfc42.dll. I got out of both, then went to the Cake site and found a registry hack there for this exact fault. I backed up the reg, then deleted the toolbar keys as instructed. When I went to open my tune, I got a message box with "Not a Cakewalk format file"! AAHHH! I have been able to open all other recent files. I looked at the "bad" file in my hex editor and couldn't see anything too different in it compared to other .cwp files. I MUST get this file back! This was in the heat of composition and there are no backups! I'm running a PIII 800, 512MB RAM, Darla 24, Win XP, (2) ATA 100 drives. I run GigaStudio first, then launch SONAR from within Giga. This combo has been a mite touchy, but nothing like this has happened b4. *sitting on the edge of my seat* -Pete

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Alndln: [b]Did you look in the .wav folder to see if your .wav files are there? If so you can at least re-import those.[/b][/quote]Yep, did that. All I had so far were vocals and they r there. Everything else was sequenced NIDI and that's gone. :(

Hm... "an epic 15+ min. prog tune"? Must be some cool stuff! :) I wish I could help you, but unfortunately I do not use any of these programs... yet. So consider this as a kind of "BUMP" to your question. Good luck.
I am back.

[quote]Originally posted by Alndln: [b]Don't know if it'll work but,try making a copy of the .cwp to another location and renaming the ext. to .mid and see if you can open that.[/b][/quote]Nice idea... thanks! UNfortunatly, I got the same error in SONAR when I opened it. :(

[quote]Originally posted by Gulliver: [b]Hm... "an epic 15+ min. prog tune"? Must be some cool stuff! :) I wish I could help you, but unfortunately I do not use any of these programs... yet. So consider this as a kind of "BUMP" to your question. Good luck.[/b][/quote]Yep... started in 4/4 but goes thru 6/8, 9/8, 7/8, 5/4 at interesting tempo changes. Used lotsa Mellotron courtesy of GigaStudio. (Sorry... can't afford a REAL 'Tron!)

[quote]Originally posted by Master Zap: [b]Mail the file to Cakewalk support, they've been very helpful to me. /Z[/b][/quote]K... I'm sending short;y to the SONAR address listed on the CW site. I also posted this question on the SONAR newsgroup. Thank you ALL for your kind replies! :thu:

[quote]Originally posted by Master Zap: [b]Mail the file to Cakewalk support, they've been very helpful to me. /Z[/b][/quote]Hey Zap... I just sent an e-mail via the CW page... you just get a web form with no provision for file attachment. Is there an e-addy I can send to so I can attach the file, or should I wait for their reply? I am very nervous about this... I may phone support when they're available, too. Thanks! -Pete

Archived