Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

B3 Glisses On Regular Keyboard

Suntower

I just started using a Studiologic MIDI keyboard with Native Instruments B4. I love the sound, but, what I miss from a 'real' B3 is the 'feel' of the keyboard. Certain effects (like crushes and glisses) simply don't work sound appropriately smeary or hurt my hands like HELL on this 'normal' keyboard.

Any tips on getting similar effects when you don't have waterfall keys (without busting your hands.)

TIA,

---JC

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wondering about getting the B4, it sounds good, but it always seems you can tell a real B3 when a glissando (or maybe it's a crush or gliss as you say, you drag your fingers over the keys) is played.

This was on my mind because today I listened to Boston "Walk On", and of course Tom Sholtz would never use a clone. There's something about that sound of those glisses that is just so amazing. I've never heard that effect from a clone. Is it something about the keybaord of a real B3, or maybe something about the amplitude envelope on a real B3?

I've never played a real B3 and I know very little about them. All I know is I love the sound.

Use a palm swipe up near the ends of the black keys so you can swipe both black and white. Also, a real B has nine contacts per keys which helps sustain the notes to make them blend in that wicked way it does. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Archived