Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

iPod question

Can i use an iPod to transfer files between a Mac and a PC? I'd love to use one for dumping Nuendo project folders to and carrying them back and forth between home and work. :D Can use use an iPod as a firewire hard drive too?
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheers for the info :) I know I can get just an external HD but those don't play tunes :) Typically, the projects I'll be transferring will be less than 2 gig so the size isn't an issue. Do you know how fast the iPod drive is?
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

iPOD drive is 4500rpm, too slow to do sessions on, and attempting to do so can overheat and destroy the drive. Make sure to copy the session from the iPOD to the audio drive of the PC. I do not believe you can get a pc to recognize an iPOD except the new ones that have been developed as crossplatform for Mac and PC, but don't quote me. One way to find out though. Plug it into the pc and see if it shows up. Hope this is helpful.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

Archived