Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

! ! ! Ebay users - BIG SCAM ! ! !

I received this email today. I haven't contacted Ebay about it, but I'm convinced that it's a scam. BEWARE!!! ---------------------------------------------- Due to eBay site security measures, we recently had to remove your information from our site. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. To have your account restored, please send a faxed copy of your driver's license, a valid phone number, and your eBay user ID to: (801) 545 - 2700 Faxing the information requested above will be the quickest way to have your account restored. If you are not comfortable with that process you can visit our website and write to us through the Help Pages for further explanation and instructions on account restoration. To access the Help Pages, please visit any eBay page and click the "Help" button found on the navigation bar at the top of most of our pages. When the "Help" window appears, click on the "My Account" tab, then the "Suspended Account" tab. Thank you for your understanding. Regards, Safeharbor Department eBay, Inc.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The plot thickens. You're right, eBay never asked for a drivers license when I signed up. I can't imagine that they would ask for one now. But...it turns out that I can't log in. My ID has indeed been suspended. No information has been furnished. I haven't logged into eBay for at least three months. Is it possible that I was suspended for inactivity? Without warning? This is very bizarre.

[quote]Originally posted by Dan South: [b]But...it turns out that I can't log in. My ID has indeed been suspended. No information has been furnished. I haven't logged into eBay for at least three months. Is it possible that I was suspended for inactivity? Without warning? This is very bizarre.[/b][/quote]Not when someones aking for all your personal info,if it was just inactivity it would just expire.No,someone got ahold of your account numbers,cancelled your membership,then Emailed you with their attempted scam.Why don't you mail me your liscense/credit cards/passport ect.,and I'll look them over and let you know what I think in a few months,then I'll email you my opinion from an undisclosed location in a year or so. :D
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Oh, and regarding the eBay thing: It's most definately a scam. I realy hope noone falls for it. The general rule is that no serious site will ever ask you for your password under any circumstances. The hackers here are aware of that and have decided on a different tactic. But, as mentioned above, if a company asks for more information when trying to re-instate an account than they did when you signed up, it's always a scam.

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

Einstein: The difference between genius and stupidity is: Genius has limits

My Blog...

Not sure if it's the same scam, as I didn't see any message text in the article, but it sounds as though eBay is on top of it. I have not yet heard back from eBay customer service. I'll post their comments when I do.

Of course it's a scam! [b][i]"The site that lured Richard, however, appeared to be removed from the Web. Richard says he submitted all of his credit card and personal data to the dummy site. "I filled out half of the info myself and became frustrated with the level of private information required for the 'update,'" he wrote. "Unfortunately I still hit Send and sent vital information."" [/b][/i] Poor Richard really wasn't thinking, was he?

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Archived