Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pickup trucks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's my --->TRUCK.<--- [quote] Truckin' Truckin' got my chips cashed in. Keep truckin', like the do-dah man Together, more or less in line, just keep truckin' on. Arrows of neon and flashing marquees out on Main Street. Chicago, New York, Detroit and it's all on the same street. Your typical city involved in a typical daydream Hang it up and see what tomorrow brings. Dallas, got a soft machine; Houston, too close to New Orleans; New York's got the ways and means; but just won't let you be, oh no. Most of the cast that you meet on the streets speak of true love, Most of the time they're sittin' and cryin' at home. One of these days they know they better get goin' Out of the door and down on the streets all alone. Truckin', like the do-dah man. Once told me "You've got to play your hand" Sometimes your cards ain't worth a dime, if you don't lay'em down, Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me; Other times I can barely see. Lately it occurres to me What a long, strange trip it's been. What in the world ever became of sweet Jane? She lost her sparkle, you know she isn't the same Livin' on reds, vitamin C, and cocaine, All a friend can say is "Ain't it a shame?" Truckin', up to Buffalo. Been thinkin', you got to mellow slow Takes time, you pick a place to go, and just keep truckin' on. Sittin' and starin' out of the hotel window. Got a tip they're gonna kick the door in again I'd like to get some sleep before I travel, But if you got a warrant, I guess you're gonna come in. Busted, down on Bourbon Street, Set up, like a bowlin' pin. Knocked down, it get's to wearin' thin. They just won't let you be, oh no. You're sick of hangin' around and you'd like to travel; Get tired of travelin' and you want to settle down. I guess they can't revoke your soul for tryin', Get out of the door and light out and look all around. Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me; Other times I can barely see. Lately it occurres to me What a long, strange trip it's been. Truckin', I'm a goin' home. Whoa whoa baby, back where I belong, Back home, sit down and patch my bones, and get back truckin' on. Hey now get back truckin' home. [/quote]

HEY WATCH YER MOUTH MAN! i get 3500 miles to A QUART OF OIL!!! in fact i dont add oil, i just change it. the engine has new oversize pistons in it, a lumpy cam and a big 4barrel carb. it is quite the powerhouse (fer' a wee little 318) it just uses gas to haul that big thing around!! BUT factory milage was 8mpg. i get on average 12mpg with the new engine, so I INCREASED MY MILEAGE BY 150%!!! can you do that!!

Gotta be a pick up truck... I've had 8 and currently own a little 1/2 ton Toyota but normally drive a 3/4 extended cab diesel powered Chevy P/U. 1950 Ford (273 V-8/auto) I slapped in Dodge power. 1952 Ford (360 V-8/auto) Slapped in from a '58 Edsel. 1972 International (304 V-8/auto) 1973 Nissan (4 banger/stick) 1978 Ford F250 (351 V-8/auto) 1984 Toyota 4X4 (4 banger/stick) 1979 Chev LUV (4 banger/stick) Don't laugh. 250K miles when I gave it to my son. 1992 Toyota (4 banger/stick) 1994 Chev C3500 (6.5 diesel/auto)

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

[quote]Originally posted by Dave the Coaster: [b]suburbans are nice, and so is the cabin in that picture, but SUBURBANS AINT PICKUPS! THEYS' BIGGY 4WD STATION WAGONS![/b][/quote]Yeah. yeah, yeah. Only if their driven by some soccer mom!

GY

[quote]Originally posted by henrysb3: [b]Dave, I don't think that's the color my '67 273 valve covers sported. Is that snow on the ground? Does it snow there? I bet Dak knows the answers.[/b][/quote]Nope! Don't know the answers. The color could be right. Dodge had both the red and a bluish green color. I don't remember what years. I know my current '65 Dart has a bluish green color but looks like it was red at one time. I've not been inclinded, nor will I be, to scrap the dang thing down to see what was original. I don't really care. The engine could be a 273 or a small block 318 or 340. They were the same block if my memory serves. Kinda like the 283, 327 & 350 Chevy's. I started twisting wrenches for a living in the 60's. After many years of doing that I got out of the mental caring what any car or truck was. I've forgotten more about vehicles and what they looked like than I probably should have but I just have other things I'd rather remember. I'm stil in the trade but manage fleets now. I don't care about what vehicles were years ago. It doesn't have anything to do with today, fuel costs, maintenance & labor costs & so on. Screw a bunch of old cars. I'd rather work on an old guitar than an old car. Henry, that was snow & yes it does snow in Fargo. Might just snow more there than Minot, givin the river proximity, but it ain't quite as freaking cold, though the difference would be slight on any given day. Man, I don't miss the cold in the winter, nor the heat, humidity and mosquitos in the summer. The only thing I miss about North Dakota is my family & I can visit them & leave the state again. [url=http://www.daklandermusic.com/songs/grandforks12.mp3]HERE"S A SONG[/url] that gives an idea of what leaving NoDak is all about. It was written by my good friends Dennis & Alleen Johnson.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Archived