Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Has anyone ever filed a claim w.fedex ground and won?

Here is the story: I won an auction and paid via paypal. the gear (a converter) was boxed and shipped by the shipper the next day, friday, via fed-ex ground. I tracked it on monday, it showed up as delivered on sat! I called fed ex. They said it is possible the driver still has it. After many calls I get through to the drivers supervisor and days later she gets through to him. He sends his paperwork to her. Now it is friday. The paperwork says he had it in his truck, but now he cant find it. Supervisor says the sender must file a claim. Anyone else ever file a claim? Did you get your money? How long did it take? Am I out the $700? should we take bets to see if this ever resolves itself? BTW. I have learned a lot about fed ex ground in the last week. did you know?......... fed ex ground drivers in reality are all private carriers. They are not emplyees of fed ex. If it is a high traffic area and holiday time they hire hundereds of drivers. the only qualification is a valid drivers licence. "Off the record" the supervisor at the drivers depot said this guy john ***** isn't the brightest driver we have. she also said she has never heard of a fed ex ground claim EVER being claimed. She thinks in the fine print there are several disclamers that remove almost all liabillity from fed ex ground.
theo

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I lost a package with fedex which contained VERY time sensitive content - voice talent for a mutimillion dollar telecommunications firm to be aired on WABC in NYC. So, as you can assume, the damage quotient was quite high. Unfortunately, fedex policy is limited to $100 dollars per claim, unless the value was declared as higher by the shipper when it was sent. So I did actually get a $100 check from fedex this week (12 weeks later), but you would be hard pressed to call that "winning".

We filed a lawsuit against FedEx last year for dropping and damaging a Failright we bought on Ebay. They tried the bullshit about limited liability. But since we insured it, and they accepted the money fro the insurance, they ended up paying about $5k of the $7500,- we were claiming. It took awhile, and they tried to pull all sorts of crap. But in the end, there's a law that states that they are responsible the minute they accept the package. So the big thing is to not let them intimidate you,,and stand you're ground. As for the voicetalent thing. We always keep back-ups untill the client recieves the master. Mark

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

I sent a DA7 mixer for repairs via Fed Ex Ground. The mixer arrived at the service shop with three corners of the board crushed. I had triple bubble wrapped, tried to snug it with some stryofoam spacers and filled most of the dead air with styrofoam peanuts. But to be honest, the packing job could have been better. I had insured the mixer for 2K, which is the price Full Compass was blowing them out for. When I saw the pictures of the damage I ordered a new board immediately. I was already considering getting a second board to hook up in tandem with the first. I included the original sales slip copy in addition to the new sales slip copy,which showed a significant price drop from the original. I faxed them all of the claim documents as per their instructions. They said most claims were settled within 5 weeks. I then began to prepare mentally for the ensuing battle. The repair shop gave an estimate of $750 for repair, but could not garantee that would restore the board to its former condition. I sent the estimate along with the other documentation. I was expecting them to try and either refuse the claim altogether or nickle and dime me to death to reduce the settlement. About 5 weeks later I get a check for 2K, No hassles whatsoever. You just never know...

I think it's the shipper that needs to insure the package and then file the claim if there is a problem. Well...that's what they told me one time when a package was missing...they said I needed to have the shipper trace it...but eventually it turned up. This past Summer I had a lot of stuff coming to the house…some FedEx…some UPS...and I must say, the FedEx was a PITA at least 3 times...where as the UPS stuff was always on time and the UPS driver is a regular...so he always puts the packages at my front door, protected from the elements. The FedEx guys were dropping it in the middle of my drive way sometimes. I was told by FedEx that the reason they can’t easily trace a package is because many of their delivery drivers are independents...so once they pick it up and load it onto their truck...it goes into limbo until it arrives...no one knows exactly where it is. With UPS...their tracking is usually right on the money. However...I did have some good transactions with FedEx too...big difference if it's FedEx Air or FedEx Ground…the Ground service tends to suck!!!

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

You can say what you want about Fedex, but U.P.S. is no angel either. When I bought a USED Cakewalk Pro 8 on Ebay I thought that the price was only 50$ , but by the time U.P.S. stuck all of their import charges and brokerage fees on, the package ended up costing DOUBLE. ($160 Canadian)So here's advise to you Canadians out there. Never order by SURFACE from U.P.S. because with the money they charge for brokerage you could get the package OVERNIGHT. There were no brokerage fees on my last OVERNIGHT parcel. Dan http://musicinit.com/ups.html

For those unaware, FedEx Ground is not really the same operation as FedEx. FedEx bought RPS to compete with UPS and just renamed it FedEx ground. I actually worked for RPS briefly when I was in college and I can't say anything positive about them or the way they treat packages (or employees for that matter...) My experience with FedEx Ground has been that they will leave packages just about anywhere and not necessarily even bother knocking on your door :eek: I wouldn't use them again. None of these services are 100% perfect (especially for shipping heavy, fragile, gear: don't get me started..) but FedEx proper, Airborne, and even UPS are far superior to FedEx Ground/RPS. Bottom line: don't be fooled into thinking that FedEx Ground offers the same level of service as FedEx. Not by any means. Good luck!

Archived