Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oops. I�m not supposed to like that.

Do you ever catch yourself really enjoying a song with paying attention to what is playing, then you look at the credits and realize it is a person or a group you thought you were over? A time when you almost embarrassed yourself because you enjoyed a song by someone that you have told yourself you don’t like? I just caught myself enjoying a song playing on my computer that was cycling through my Sounds of the Seventies collection. To my shock the song was “Yes We Can Can” by the Pointer Sisters. Kind of scary, but I enjoyed it. To bad more of their songs were not like that. Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In their heyday I absolutely hated Hall & Oates, they were on TV constantly and just dripping with ego and pomposity. Well, at a party with a really nice stereo the opening strains of "I Can't Go For That" came on, I [i]really[/i] was taken in by the sound, then flipped a bit when they told me who it was. :eek:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

I did that one time recently. I absolutely hate the Barenekkid Ladies, right. I think they suck. But the new song (something about a million dollars) came out, and was pretty bumpin', especially since I thought it was Blues Traveler. But this dude at work said it was the Barenekkid Ladies. I got so pissed off that I liked that song, that I almost threw up. Anywho, now that song sucks too.

I don't know. I've come to a place where I just like music. If it actually made it onto an album, it's usually entertaining. The only thing I don't like is when I get a vibe that the artist didn't put his all into his work; ie. weak performance/ lack of skill. A lot of "cool underground" stuff can be like that. Even then, I can dig it. I always try to put myself in the shoes of the performer.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

[quote]Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret: [b]Dood, Chalize, scroll that picture down a little, so that I can better see your...naval. Hey, I just wanted to know if she had a belly ring.[/b][/quote]I've got a picture of her naval...scroll down... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [img]http://www.battleship.org/images/bb62oe.jpg[/img] Oh, you meant her navel? Sorry... :D :D :D I know...I'm just a smartass.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived