Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Hank The Cave Peanut: [b]"Do the Cha Cha Cha" by... was it Bobby Rydell? I dunno, I only heard it once, but it was so dang hooky I want to hear it again!!![/b][/quote]Uh... done by [i]lots[/i] of people! ;) The Drifters have a version, and the most recent one I know of is James Taylor's from the 1991 album featuring Copperline and Frozen Man.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by meriphew: [b]That Tommy Tutone song is one of those tunes that [i]really[/i] has hooks in it. What are some other older songs you hear that have hooks that will never be forgotten?[/b][/quote]I HATE that song, because I played it in a band back in the day...and because so many bands played it at the time, a lot of bands used it as a "Sweet Home Alabama" song. That one and what was it...that "Breakup Song" by Greg what's his name.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster the Pilgrim: [b]... That one and what was it...that "Breakup Song" by Greg what's his name.[/b][/quote]Greg Kinn Band or something like that. I hated Jepordy with a passion. Almost as much as Cocain and Freebird. Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

[quote]Originally posted by meriphew: [b]That Tommy Tutone song is one of those tunes that [i]really[/i] has hooks in it. What are some other older songs you hear that have hooks that will never be forgotten?[/b][/quote]Sugar, Sugar. or what ever the hell the name of that god-damned Archies song. I don't know how high it would rate on the hook meter, but it took me a month to get that chunk of crap out of my head. I was about ready to check myself into the nut house. :freak: Iaian

San Andreas,

The hope to save our nation by turning Las Vegas into a seaside community. ;)

My weekend band have decided to try their first sequenced song, I suggested No Doubt's "Hella Good". Since I'm the keyboardist I've been hearing that thing over and over and over while sequencing the odd parts, that hook's going to leave a mark (I love the song). And WHY WHY WHY did Old Navy have to: "Here's the story, of a shirt named Rugby" ARARARGHGHGH!!!! :mad:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Here's a few.... 1.Saturday night-Bay City rollers...S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night.I defy you to get it out of your head after hearing it. 2.Who are You-The Who...kinda inane but hooky(Who,who,Who,Who) 3.Walking on Sunshine-Katrina and the waves,written by Kimberly Rew(one of my idols),overplayed but still great song.

Smell the Magic

www.Katp.com

Oooh yeah saucyjack... did you see the Soft Boys on this tour/heard the new record? I just saw them a couple of weeks ago and boy did they kick ass. The record is great too. The Tommy Tutone song... arrrrghhh... umm, apparently the guy ripped off the melody from a keyboard player that I used to play in a band with. Hmph. Oh gawd, and somebody had to mention Greg Kihn. I think he might have been near the top of my annoyance list in the 80's. Oh yeah, you know his other annoying habit of naming albums after some pun on his name... like "Kihnspiracy" and "Rockihnroll" etc.? Well, my friends and I used to say he should call his next record "F%#*Kihn Awful!" :D I do have to say that I dug "My Sharona" and it had a killer hook! I have to agree about the Bay City Rollers too. In fact I wrote a song where I ended up using that type of beat in the bridge, it just seemed natural to play it that way and I had the song stuck in my head. You wouldn't know I copped it from that, but it's true!

Go back even further in time. [b]Help[/b]. I need somebody. [b]Help[/b]. Not just anybody. [b]Help[/b]. I need somebody. [b]Heeeeellllppppp[/b]. The Beatles were king of hook. The first guitar hook for me may have been Foxy Lady. I guess if you are going to get hooked with a guitar it might as well be Jimmy H. Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I think Del Amitri is underrated - great stuff. I have two of their CDs. Hooks, I agree with what's been said, and I loved most of it. Love Tutone song, love the Beatles.. The Monroes "What Do All The People Know" - hte version you hear was edited by Rhino when they put it on CD - they cut it down from 3:50 to 3:25 I think :mad: Byrds "Feel A Whole Lot Better" half of Fountains of Wayne songs most of Elvis Costello Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

[b]Da doo ron ron ron Da doo ron ron[/b] This insipid song convinced me that music could be a weapon of mass destruction. [b]She's so HIGH-EE-I-EE-I![/b] More evidence. Keep this one away from al qaeda. [b]I don't want to work I just wanna bang on the drum all day[/b] At least this one doesn't make me want to throw things. [b]Oh! Oh! Oh, it's MAGIC, you know, Never believe it's not so.[/b] Hurl inducing. [b]Roxanne![/b] Classic, Baby!

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived