Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MJ dangles baby from balcony...

[quote]Originally posted by whitefang: [b]Don't you just hate it when celebrities don't bother apologizing for any boneheaded stunt until the legal staff or PR people recommend they do? 49% of the callers thought that Jackson SHOULDN'T face legal charges for the stunt! WHAT is WRONG with some people? [/b][/quote]Yeah, you just know Liz is consoling him about it right now. I get the impression those people say anything to each other that will make them 'feel good'. No responsibility! To be fair, 51% think he should face charges. And remember, that's only the respondents. Probably a lot of MJ worshipers calling in. I find the whole thing VERY disturbing. If you or I did that on video tape, DCFS would remove out kids as fast as it takes to get a Police car there. So maybe MJ gets to be above the law since he is the King of Pop and all. More like the King of Has-beens! His antics have received WAY MORE press than his music for over a decade now... He's SICK! Get this poor soul some help before he kills himself or someone else! And yes, that footage (pardon the pun) of those baby's feet kicking helplessly really upsets me too!

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's only gonn get worse, cause not only is Jacko wacko he is also broko. [url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59544,00.html]Here\'s the story.[/url]

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

He was freakin nuts when he was rich. What he did to that child was incredibly stupid. The guy weighs like 80 lbs and I am sure is not very strong. He could have droped that child so easily. Not that I would agree with Arnold holding a kid 50 feet over the pavement either. What the hell was with the towell over his head? That kid is gonna be so screwed up by him. Really, the dude should not be around children. He probably got his own kids because he is broke. Can't afford to pay off parents of kids he molests anymore.
Heeeeeere kitty kitty kitty

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]I don't think it was nearly as bad as some of the hysterical reaction in the media would suggest but I do wonder just what goes through that man's mind sometimes :freak: [/b][/quote]... and some of the reaction on this forum. I really start to worry when people freak out about someone based upon what they are told by the media. Very naieve, very stupid. I'm not defending what MJ did but he is obviously being judged based upon percieved past crimes as well as the current incident. I don't like this one bit. :freak:
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]I don't think it was nearly as bad as some of the hysterical reaction in the media would suggest but I do wonder just what goes through that man's mind sometimes :freak: [/b][/quote]... and some of the reaction on this forum. I really start to worry when people freak out about someone based upon what they are told by the media. Very naieve, very stupid. I'm not defending what MJ did but he is obviously being judged based upon percieved past crimes as well as the current incident. I don't like this one bit. :freak: [/b][/quote]You are of course right Rog. It was a stupid thing for Michael to do but unless he presented a pattern of that behavior not something he should be condemned for. None of us know Michael, I'm starting to think maybe he's just not very bright, if you look at the things he's done lately, accusing his record company of being rascist, spending an exorbitant amount of money on his last album, and look what he did to his face. The guy just ain't that smart.

[quote]Originally posted by Jotown: [b]It's only gonn get worse, cause not only is Jacko wacko he is also broko. [url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59544,00.html]Here\'s the story.[/url] [/b][/quote]It would be sweet justice if the upshot of this turned out to be Paul McCartney buying back his music...at a steep DISCOUNT.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

He's clearly ill. In fact, there's a rare mental illness that fits his symptoms: MJ suffers from Body Dysmorphic Disorder. Here's an excerpt from a description I pulled from a website: The individual’s obsessive concern most often is concerned with facial features, hair or odor. The disorder often begins in adolescence, becomes chronic and leads to a great deal of internal suffering. The person may fear ridicule in social situations, and may consult many dermatologists or plastic surgeons and undergo painful or risky procedures to try to change the perceived defect. The medical procedures rarely produce relief. Indeed they often lead to a worsening of symptoms. BDD may limit friendships. BDD tends to be chronic and can lead to social isolation, school dropout major depression, unnecessary surgery and even suicide. See more about this illness here: http://www.ncpamd.com/body_dysmorphic_disorder.htm

[quote]Originally posted by eljefe: [b]He's clearly ill. [/b][/quote]Let me guess, you're a fully qualified doctor who has spent a lot of time with MJ in order to give a watertight diagnosis? This is exactly the kind of stupid fucking shit I'm talking about. :mad:
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Um, I'd have to agree there. Psychiatric diagnoses are tenous at the best of times, and require an extensive amount of one-on-one time with the person being diagnosed. And thats aside from the whole "medicine invents diagnoses to perpetuate the ongoing medicalisation of society" argument, which is pretty convincing and found in any medical sociology text. :)

[quote]Originally posted by nursers: [b]Um, I'd have to agree there. Psychiatric diagnoses are tenous at the best of times, and require an extensive amount of one-on-one time with the person being diagnosed. And thats aside from the whole "medicine invents diagnoses to perpetuate the ongoing medicalisation of society" argument, which is pretty convincing and found in any medical sociology text. :) [/b][/quote]Whoa there, Nursers! I'd agree that the diagnostic system isn't near perfect, but... oh the hell with it...

[quote]Originally posted by NC-17: [b]My question is why are both his sons named after Prince...? :confused: [/b][/quote]And why is "Michael" the middle name of [b]ALL THREE OF THEM[/b] - including the GIRL?

Rog, you've gotten your panties in a bunch! :D Or, should I say, WE have gotten your panties in a bunch. ;) Celebrities put themselves out there. It's our pre[b]rog[/b]ative to make comments about them, both positive and negative, true or false. Do you get so mad when someone claims that Britney Spears is the best singer in the world? Yes, we're all armchair psychologists, but it's just conversation. Knowhatimean? Do you really think that we're doing any serious damage to MJ that he hasn't already done to himself?

I thought that the mention of the disease was just fodder for discussion. I had never heard of this condition before. Who knows? Maybe it's a factor. Maybe not. Still interesting to consider. I can't find a more logical explanation for his acute eccentricities.

[quote]Originally posted by Hanshananigan: [b] [quote]Originally posted by nursers: [b]Um, I'd have to agree there. Psychiatric diagnoses are tenous at the best of times, and require an extensive amount of one-on-one time with the person being diagnosed. And thats aside from the whole "medicine invents diagnoses to perpetuate the ongoing medicalisation of society" argument, which is pretty convincing and found in any medical sociology text. :) [/b][/quote]Whoa there, Nursers! I'd agree that the diagnostic system isn't near perfect, but... oh the hell with it...[/b][/quote]Was just stating that a 'diagnosis' is nothing more than a label, and that in the past they have done more harm than any good. Example would be homosexuality, which was considered a mental disorder by psychiatrists until the early 80's I think it was.

Archived