Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What free email service do you use?

For a long time I have used Hot Mail to sign up for forums such as this one. That way if I change ISP’s I don’t have to go around editing my membership on all those forums. The bad thing is spam filtering for hotmail sucks. Even with the spam filter set to high I sometimes get 40 junk emails a day and I am tired of adding them to my customized filter list. Any suggestions? Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.myrealbox.com Automatic spam filter, totally free, no catches... Other than it's a testing bed for e-mail software, so there have been times when the site has been down. I've also been subscribed to mailing lists and not received e-mails in chronological order (which is very Twilight Zone-ish :eek: :) )... However, for a free e-mail service that you only check into once every few days, you can't beat it.

I have to admit, i find Yahoo to be excellent. i set up a hotmail and yahoo account around the same time, and gave the yahoo address to everyone. yet, if i ever check my hotmail its full of crap and spam, and the yahoo only has solicited emails. its a good service
Visit my band : www.neonfleacircus.net or www.myspace.com/neonfleacircus

I've had pretty good luck with Yahoo so far. They place a lot (though not all) of the spam into something called Bulk Mail, which helps wade through the garbage a little easier.

What about retrieving your hotmail account mail through Outlook, that way you can use the mail filters in Outlook but still use your Hotmail address. I agree Hotmail filters blow, and mine is usually filled with crap. :mad:
I have no homepage.

Yahoo by a mile. I've never given out my hotmail address and every day I get 20 new SPAM messages sent to hotmail about how I can increase my penis size :eek: . Like others have mentioned the Spam filter with Yahoo is excellent and the service is very reliable.

I've been VERY happy with using the email system from my web site host. [url=http://www.doteasy.com]www.doteasy.com[/url] You can pick a domain name, register for $15 or less a year...... You get a real domain name, they host your site for life for free, you get unlimited POP3 and web mail email accounts, and you get a place to host your site! It's been very stable... haven't had a problem in months. With POP3 I can check my email via Eudora or any program and the web mail is great on the road. One of the best unknown deals on the 'net IMHO. My site and email both go through Doteasy. I've registered my domain for the next 7 years... meaning my email address won't change even if Doteasy went out of business... I own the domain and I can transfer to another host. Owning a domain isn't that expensive these days and it has many advantages over "free" emails accounts with ADS. Valky

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

I Yahoo. I still get tons of spam. But, I look at the bright side, I've paid off my mortgage, added 3 inches to my penis, and helped Mrs. Uhulu Ndembe of Nigeria. Seriously, I still get tons of that crap, but most of it goes to my bulk folder where it's easy to delete.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I use Yahoo & Eudoramail. The Yahoo gets most of the notorious spammers & If on one Eudoramail account I have but don't put out often, I get zilch, others are reasonable as far as spam goes. Here's the problem. I have a larger house, more cars, satellite dishes, radio and credit cards than you can shake a stick at. My penis is bigger AND longer and my breasts are larger and firmer. I now have more hair and perfect white teeth. I know how to scam the scammers collect all that unrecovered money that's just lying around and received innumerable free government grants. On top of that, I get all these super offers of such wonderful employment opportunities I'm having trouble deciding which to choose to make my kajillions.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

I have a YAHOO account, my domain host account which I use selectively for conducting business or corresponding with persons I like, and then I have email accounts provided by my ISP (Road Runner) that I have never activated or configured. I use the Yahoo account to register in areas that DEMAND an email address to gain access; such as MP3.com, Ebay, and other online spam targets. Rather than load my personal boxes with garbage, I utilize the Yahoo account merely for filtering clutter, yet I am still able to gain access to the forced registrations. Yahoo, also provides some nice holiday greeting cards that I send to friends; when I activate the outgoing box, then I will check the free account frequently until I hear a reply. Otherwise it can build up a month at a time and then I go in and conveniently delete the bulk dump box, and place check marks in all of the spam that didn't get filtered out of the other box and hit the delete key there.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

I'm reading through the doteasy website trying to figure out how they do this so cheaply. Are you in the referral program Valky? Robert [quote]Originally posted by Valkyrie Sound: [b]I've been VERY happy with using the email system from my web site host. [url=http://www.doteasy.com]www.doteasy.com[/url] You can pick a domain name, register for $15 or less a year...... You get a real domain name, they host your site for life for free, you get unlimited POP3 and web mail email accounts, and you get a place to host your site! It's been very stable... haven't had a problem in months. With POP3 I can check my email via Eudora or any program and the web mail is great on the road. One of the best unknown deals on the 'net IMHO. My site and email both go through Doteasy. I've registered my domain for the next 7 years... meaning my email address won't change even if Doteasy went out of business... I own the domain and I can transfer to another host. Owning a domain isn't that expensive these days and it has many advantages over "free" emails accounts with ADS. Valky[/b][/quote]

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Nope.... not in the referral program... Gee maybe I should be now! :D I really don't know "how" they do it for so cheap... All I know is that I've used it for the last 2 years now.... and it has been very stable. They did a service upgrade of their system about a year ago... had a little downtime but they never lost my web site or email in the process. Since then I haven't had any real trouble.... I think they were down for a day or 2 once when they got a bad virus in their system. What can I say? It works, it's cheap.... all good! :) Valky

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster the Pilgrim: [b]I Yahoo. I still get tons of spam. But, I look at the bright side, I've paid off my mortgage, added 3 inches to my penis, and helped Mrs. Uhulu Ndembe of Nigeria. Seriously, I still get tons of that crap, but most of it goes to my bulk folder where it's easy to delete.[/b][/quote]The only problem with the Bulk Mail folder is that it counts against your allocated mailbox size. All of that spam can eat up space in a hurry. I've had instances where REAL mail couldn't get through because there was no room left. I wish they'd add an option to automatically delete anything in the Bulk Mail folder after a user selectable number of days.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived