Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Do you guys know the big Hollywood stars do commercials in Japan?

I lived in Tokyo for fie years. i did notice the stars that partook of ad placemens there that would never have been caught dead doing it in the US. Their correct judgment is that , in Japan , there is no negative implied. I recall an iced coffee ad that featured none other than Quincy Jones. This was in the form of posters hung throughout the subway system. I do find it interesting that the taboo is slowly lifting in the US as well. I mean we now have Zeppelin music for a Cadillac ad??? Whats that? However, im sure many offers are turned down in the effort to polish/maintain a certain image in the marketplace. We are talkin show biz here.

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by C.M.: [b]Its all about money, those Jap. companies pay a ton of money for American stuff.[/b][/quote]Sincere apologies to our Japanese friends out there. I believe that CM does not realize that the word he used is a racial slur.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

[quote]Originally posted by Kendrix: [b]I lived in Tokyo for fie years. i did notice the stars that partook of ad placemens there that would never have been caught dead doing it in the US. Their correct judgment is that , in Japan , there is no negative implied. I recall an iced coffee ad that featured none other than Quincy Jones. This was in the form of posters hung throughout the subway system. I do find it interesting that the taboo is slowly lifting in the US as well. I mean we now have Zeppelin music for a Cadillac ad??? Whats that? However, im sure many offers are turned down in the effort to polish/maintain a certain image in the marketplace. We are talkin show biz here.[/b][/quote]BTW, I do find it interesting that those little canned coffee things have never taken off in the west. They`re all over Asia.

[quote]Originally posted by GT3: [b]Oh, please. That asshole just put a period there so he could cover his sorry ass. I bet he got a real smirk out of it. I'm so tired of his fucking right wing rascist bullshit.[/b][/quote]Thanks for saving me the trouble. [quote]Its all about money, those Jap. companies pay a ton of money for American stuff.[/quote]should tell anyone C.M. doesn't even understand or care that the products are domestic, not American stuff. As long as you get a rise out of us - congrats.
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

Archived