Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Tori Amos CD; Scarlets Walk

I picked it up this weekend and I must say that I like it. I have been a fan of hers for a while though her last 3 releases didn't do much for me. I think this is her best work in a while, and she produced it as well. Track 12, "I Can't See New York", just kills me. I know she is not for everyone, but if you liked her earlier work, I think you will like this CD.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just be warned it is more "Contemporary" than the other albums. It seems the Hot Little Red Head has settled down now. I like the album, but it is no "Pele"! I have been a fan for years. It ranks up there as my 4rd fav. Pele 1 Earthquakes 2 Pink 3 New one 4. It is a nice Sleepytime cd. Mucho Compression! Dennis

I just saw Tori live last night :love: Yeah, Scarlet is definitly her best album since Pele...the songs play absolutely amazing live, too. Matt Chamberlin and Jon Evens make for the tightest rhythm section I've heard in ages. She is so unbelievably talented after all these years. :thu:

Ashley Judd: [quote]Tori Amos is great, and to be honest I get all hot while listening to her music. [/quote]Me too. By the way Ashley I saw the movie "Frida" last night and you were very good in it. Especially the tango scene with Selma. Dennis: [quote]Just be warned it is more "Contemporary" than the other albums. It seems the Hot Little Red Head has settled down now.[/quote]I wouldn't call it "Contemporary" I mean there really isn't a song on it that is gonna get radio play. What I hear is that she is learning how to produce herself much better. I love her voice but it doesn't hold up next to heavy guitars, and I guess she figured that out. I would say it's her best since under the pink. Michael Erwin: [quote]And just to attempt to keep this on topic, is there a drummer out there with a better sound than Matt Chamberlain? [/quote]Yeah he sounds great on the cd. His time is rock solid, I wonder if they cut to a click. Very dynamic and tasteful.

[quote]Originally posted by Ashley Judd: [b]Hey thanks Jotown! I thoroughly enjoyed doing that scene with Salma. She's such a babe. Ashley[/b][/quote]Yeah, but you were pretty hot yourself. ;)

Archived