Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Synth1 update

I had a post last week about a great free soft synth, Synth1, which is a Nord Lead II emulation. I just found a new version that has sustain pedal support. GO HERE- [url=http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/5005/softsynth/synth1.zip]Synth1 Update[/url] . Uninstall the old version before reinstallation. Yeehaw, I love this thing. Some Mac person mentioned how ugly the interface is. You can change the colors and text of the gui by following these steps. - click the Opt button. You should have a few size options in there. You can type in the background and text colours as hex. Open up MS Paint - Colours > Edit Colours > Define Custom Colours. Find some colours you like and write down the RGB codes. Now open up the calculator, View > Scientific. Convert your numbers into hex and type them into the Synth1. Also in options, you can change where the bank directories point to.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Hey Magpel: Is Crystal available for download? I don't see it on the KvR site. Where did you find it?[/b][/quote] [url=http://www.greenoak.com]download it here![/url] Crystal is amazing. I've hardly even begun to fathom it's complexities. It's a very hot topic over at KvR, so you can get some good starting tips there. It's an utterly unique synth--incredibly for programming slow, evolving sounds or complex rhythmic patches synced to your host. The new Crystal, 2.0, is only available if you buy the current issue, #54, of Computer Music. But believe me, 1.5 is plenty to get you started. If Rabid (Robert)or Progfusion are noticing this thread, I am sure they can give you a better feel for it than I can.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Crystal is exceptional. Easily comparable to any primo softsynth. Deep is an understatement. If you want evolving sounds, Crystal is as good as it gets. Especially if you like that metallic edge to your music. As Magpel mentioned Crystal 2.0 is a CM-only synth, but 2.1 will be downloadble from the greenoak website. prog

Archived