Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Michael Ruff Band reunion tour!!!!!!

HALLELUJA!!!! The greatest event in music since, i don't know, forever. [url=http://www.livemusik.nu/default.asp?show=page&id=2384]Michael Ruff Band reunion tour[/url] Rumour has it he's coming to Norway in April. Man have I been wishing for this to happen. Michael Ruff – Vocal & Keys Henrik Janson - Guitars Per Lindwall – Drums Lars (DK) Danielsson – Bass Nils Landgren - Trombone What a gang!!! (I'm gonna stop now, before this goes any further)

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

Einstein: The difference between genius and stupidity is: Genius has limits

My Blog...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of the great musicians of our time. He is surprisingly very little known. He's a L.A. musician/songwriter who's worked with a lot of great artists based in L.A. Follow the link in my first post to read more about the musicians in Michael Ruff Band. They are all amazing musicians.

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

My Blog...

That is indeed good news! I advise all people to experience at least one of their concerts. I saw that band 10 years ago, a very fond memory and by now they are probably even better. Last weekend I saw a sensational showcase with Nils Landgren's Funk Unit, featuring a few of the cats from the M Ruff Band. Michael Ruff is a very talented and very likeable guy, a true mystery that he is not at least half as famous as the stars he has collaborated with over the years. Ruff is an awesome keyboard player/singer/songwriter/arranger/band leader. In my book, he is on par with Quincy Jones. Nils Landgren is [i]the man[/i] on trombone (& vocals also!). On a good night he can be very entertaining between songs, kind of a laid back stand-up comedy style. Henrik Janson - fantastic guitar player. Per Lindvall - probably one of the planets top 10 drummers (I'm serious, he is really [i]that[/i] good!) Lars Danielson - another top cat, look up his name if you like to get really impressed. This band is just amazing, a band that many musicians love, and still so easy for the average listener to enjoy to the full extent. Bring your best friends to the show! /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

So nobody else has even heard of Michael Ruff??!!! Well, I suggest you all prioritize a show with Michael Ruff Band during the upcoming tour if he's playing near you. This is one band everyone should have heard... (This might seem very matter-of-fact-like, and it is, as a matter of fact)

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

My Blog...

[quote]Originally posted by JoachimDyndale: [b]So nobody else has even heard of Michael Ruff??!!! Well, I suggest you all prioritize a show with Michael Ruff Band during the upcoming tour if he's playing near you. This is one band everyone should have heard... (This might seem very matter-of-fact-like, and it is, as a matter of fact)[/b][/quote]I've heard of him. Matter of fact his most famous song "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know" is my wife's favorite love song.

Michael Ruff is a mother fucker. No two ways about it. His first record was recorded by Al Schmitt and Produced by Tommy LiPuma. They did it here in New York with all the requisite players of the time: Steve Gadd, Abe Laboriel. Hugh McCracken, Jeff Pevar, Jimmy Johnson, Jimmy Haslip, Dean Parks, Paulino da Costa and, of course, the AMAZING Per Lindvall. He's very much a 'white' Stevie Wonder!! He's had some HUGE covers of his songs (E.W.& Fire, for example) and is a God in Scandinavia. My wife is Norwegian and when I met her there, in 1993, he was all musicians talked about. I believe there is a 'Sheffield Labs' direct to disk recording out there. In fact....if memory serves, didn't George Massenburg engineer and mix it? Benjy
Benjy

I think the dates will be posted on the site I posted in the first post... (Lot of "post" :o ) I have the Sheffield Labs CD... ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! There are a few jams at the end of songs that are truly jaw-dropping.

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

My Blog...

Mats Olsson wrote: In my book, he is on par with Quincy Jones. ----------- ????????????????????????? Now you're going by region-trends again. He's indeed good, but his songwriting skills is just okay. /Poelo

• 3 weeks later...

Archived