Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Eminems New Movie - 8 Mile

If you're the one choosing to play the Eminem, then I think you're a hypocrite. If you're just working in a place where someone else is spinning Eminem, then you're not, and that would fit your little smoking/vegan analogies. If the thread is just about the hype surrounding his movie, maybe you should start a thread about what an awful person Eminem is in real life. :wave:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Zork, Thank you so much for pointing out how much of a hypocrite I am. I have been struggling with this for some time and your incredible insight into my life has really been helpful. I am giving away all of my posessions and moving to Nepal where I plan to chant in a cave in the key of E flat for the rest of my waking life. Your desire to really get to the crux of an issue, and clearly illuminate the truth hidden beneath layers of hyperbole is truly astounding. Again, Thank you so very much. If you send me your address I will send you my 8-mile soundtrack CD and my life size Eminem poster. It has a nice hole in it and I am sure you will put it to good use seeing that you are such a huge fan of his work. Take care my friend. You are truly making a difference in the world.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

damn, you all are ridiculous. i have heard his albums. over and over. my wife loves them. my 2 year old knows half the lyrics. if there is ANY hype here is the people buying into the media's portrayal of who he is. he isnt particularly my cup of tea regarding rap... i prefer the more intellectual hip hop based groups. but a lot of opinions i read here are so off base.

alphajerk

FATcompilation

"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson

[quote]Originally posted by Jotown: [b]Hopefully, like Purple Rain it will be the peak of his fame, and [b]signal the decline of Mr. Mathers career.[/b] Just like it did for Prince. Just wishful thinking.[/b][/quote]Hey!! What do you have against me? Oh, you meant Marshal. Yeah, he's a dick. I hope I'm not related.
I really don't know what to put here.

[quote]Originally posted by zork: [b][QUOTE]Originally posted by Hank The Cave Peanut: [qb][QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy: [qb]I've heard the comparisons of Eminem to Elvis, but... well... Elvis didn't condone killing people in his lyrics, y'know?[/b][/quote]Uh...I got misquoted here. That wasn't me who said that. I'm not a huge fan of either Eminem or Elvis, but I [i]really[/i] can't stand Elvis, for completely different reasons than I'd criticize Em. And (this should be good for a few flames, heh-heh)...I think Em is more talented than the King. Discuss. ;) - Jeff

[quote]Originally posted by Hank The Cave Peanut: [b]I think Sisqo writes better songs than Joni Mitchell. Discuss. ;) [/b][/quote]You know I never really got Sisqo until I really listened to the lyrics to "Thong Song". Wow; sheer poetry. His desctiption of an gyrating ass, just the sheer genius of ryhming "thong" with "song". I guess one would have to call him a testicular poet. THONG}}}}}}}}}}}} SONG}}}}}}}}}}}}}} :eek: :eek:

[quote]Originally posted by zork: [b]Maybe. If Eminem is truly a pathelogical killer, than maybe he should be tested or something. But if he's not, why are the words of rappers or some other musicians meant as reflections of who they are, where as the words or images in tons of mainstream movies and television shows, are not considered reflections of those who created them. Was Alfred Hitchcock a psycho?[/b][/quote]I agree with this thinking. I think the guy is a talented writer and I don't think he'd be nearly as controversial if he were writing movie scripts about the same material. I think the difference is when he's rapping about something, it's usually himself carrying out whatever horrible acts are being done, but that's what most popular rappers write about...themselves. I give him credit for being unique, and I seriously doubt he's really a psychopath.

Take two... SNL, guest hosts Mathers and Dre... they skit trying to get a phat white kid with an afro, to do hip hop moves, and guess what, he can't do the arms crossed move... Can't do the snarl menace... They change his name to Milk Dud...

[quote]Originally posted by Roto: [b] [quote]Originally posted by zork: [b]Maybe. If Eminem is truly a pathelogical killer, than maybe he should be tested or something. But if he's not, why are the words of rappers or some other musicians meant as reflections of who they are, where as the words or images in tons of mainstream movies and television shows, are not considered reflections of those who created them. Was Alfred Hitchcock a psycho?[/b][/quote]I agree with this thinking. I think the guy is a talented writer and I don't think he'd be nearly as controversial if he were writing movie scripts about the same material. I think the difference is when he's rapping about something, it's usually himself carrying out whatever horrible acts are being done, but that's what most popular rappers write about...themselves. I give him credit for being unique, and I seriously doubt he's really a psychopath.[/b][/quote]He is unique and talented. And I don't recall anyone calling him a psychopath. The point is that he is not playing a role, but himself. Thats why the movie analogy does not hold up. Thats is why his homophobic, mysogynistic, and mother hating songs are so offensive. They are not a script about a homophobic, mysogynistic, and mother hating person, but the actual actions of one. There is a huge difference.

I just saw a rerun of the Conan O'brian show that ran the day after the AVM awards earlier this year. Comet the insult dog summed it up better than anyone else. He said: [quote]Hey lighten up on Eminem. At the end of the day he's just another white guy trying to make a living off of black peoples music [/quote]What wisdom from a canine comic.

[quote]Originally posted by Jotown: [b] At the end of the day he's just another white guy trying to make a living off of black peoples music [/quote] [quote]What wisdom from a canine comic.[/b][/quote]Yeah, that's some pretty good wisdom there....for me to poop on.

[i]Hey lighten up on Eminem. At the end of the day he's just another white guy trying to make a living off of black peoples music [/i] Right on! And while we're add it, let's lighten up on Barry Bonds. At the end of the day he's just another black guy trying to make a living off of white people's sports they invented. --- Don't sound so good coming back at you does it?

My favorite point in Em's illustrious career is when he nearly got into a fight with a puppet. Look closely at that photo of him with the Insult Dog at the MTV awards. He's not looking at the guy holding the puppet. [i]He's staring down the puppet itself.[/i] It's a puppet, bro. You know? Puppet? Sigh. - Jeff

[quote]Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy: [b]My favorite point in Em's illustrious career is when he nearly got into a fight with a puppet. Look closely at that photo of him with the Insult Dog at the MTV awards. He's not looking at the guy holding the puppet. [i]He's staring down the puppet itself.[/i] It's a puppet, bro. You know? Puppet? Sigh. - Jeff[/b][/quote]Jeff thats too funny. I had noticed that and I was telling my daughter about it. He's looking the puppet right in the eye. The only other idiot to take a swing at comet was P. Diddy. Kinda figures huh? Too funny. :p

The dog's name is Triumph. And if you havent seen his "reports" from the Westminster Dog Show, you havent peeed in your pants to your maximun ability. :D

Joe Pine (60's talk show host who sported a wooden leg) to Frank Zappa -- "So, with your long hair, I guess that makes you a woman." Frank Zappa's response -- "So, with your wooden leg, I guess that makes you a table."

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2001&alid=-1

[quote]The dog's name is Triumph. [/quote]Is that on Conan also? I saw him do a thing in front of the theater where Star Wars was opening last year, it was hysterical. I think that they should give Triumph his own show

Archived