Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT Poll: Where do you get your news?

No, not picking a fight C.M. I just don't think a channel that buys into the politics of fear as anything even remotely liberal. You've either got the 24 hour a day sniper channel or countdown to Iraq channel. Where's the coverage of the 100,000 peace protesters in Wash D.C. or the 200,000 marchers in N.Y.C.? Where's the coverage of Cheney and the Bush families links to Enron? Nothing liberal about CNN, they're obviously bought and paid for.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only way to actually find the truth is to watch CSPAN. They just let the camera roll. Fox News is the only TV news I have found where you get both sides every time side by side. A lot of liberals hate Fox because of the truth. CNN? The Clinton News Network? HA! I got such a laugh out of the banner under the last election reporting that read "POSTMORTEM - the election" If the liberals would have taken the house and senate do you honestly think they would have run "postmortem" constantly in the screen? Paula Zhan was trying not to cry on the air..as was Dan Blather. NPR? One of the most biased, one sided news sources avaialble today. No conservative views allowed or given. (A direct quote from Juan Williams) Brainwashed crap paid for by my tax dollars. Watch CSPAN for the unwashed version, then watch or listen to Fox, NBC, CNN, NPR, Etc. and see who reports the truth.. I dare ya.

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

"NPR? One of the most biased, one sided news sources avaialble today. No conservative views allowed or given." Please provide tangible proof of this. Do you actually listen enough to make that discernment yourself, or do you just skim?
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

"Please provide tangible proof"?. Name me all the conservative commentators on NPR. Want more? Juan Williams has been quoted as complaining to NPR about the lack of balance and been told they are not interested in the conservative viewpoint. Bill O'Reilly has done several programs on the complete lack of conservative viewpoint on NPR and how we, the taxpayers are forced to pay for what is basically a propraganda station. Granted, these are opinions and you may not accept them as proof. However, I'll simply send it back to you...how about some proof (like exact numbers of conservative and liberal commentators) from you. After all, it is not me who subscribes to the liberal mantra. Juan Williams and Mara Liason have several quotes regarding NPR and the lack of balance. I shall do a search, although that will not be acceptable proof for you I know. I suggest you seek the truth and let me know if I am wrong. After all, the same truth should be available to both of us.

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

NPR covers a lot of ground. Ever heard Marketplace? Daily financial news, with quite a lot of what you might call "conservative" viewpoints expressed. NPR is also supported by contributions and grants - so how is it this huge waste of tax dollars? I'd rather spend my money on NPR (or decent public schools) than on $500 hammers for the Army. And before you get too worked up over their dedication to "the truth", think about this: Fox News is building its success on sucking up to the Political Right, saying "Oh - you're not represented on CNN, come over here - we'll tell you the truth" (i.e. what you want to hear). That's the only way they could gain significant ground on CNN in a short time, as a 24-hour news network.

If someone is not willing to admit that NPR is for the liberals, then they are just flat out not being truthful. If you want to have a intelligent conversation about this, then at least tell the truth. And Chris , come on "What you want to hear", what in the world do you think NPR is? Its a bunch of libs that WILL NOT listen to other opinions.

Archived