Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A Camera Test - Studio Picture

b_3guy

I had to run some film through one of my cameras. I have a problem with one of its film backs. So I thought I would post a picture of my humble studio stuff. http://homepage.mac.com/b_3guy2/images/StudioStuff.jpg

Check out my Grandma's dishes dating around 1923.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice B! If I stare at the picture long enough, is there a quick flash of a scary face accompanied by a scream?

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Originally posted by SteveFortner:

If I stare at the picture long enough, is there a quick flash of a scary face accompanied by a scream?

I'm built a little low & that one went right over my head.

Thanks for the compliment. Vintage 1966. This is the 2nd B I've had. The other one was a 1974 one of the last one's to come off the assembly line. It wasn't as good as this one.

Steve

Yup, nice lil recording space. :) '66 is a good year for B-3's. Mid-'64 and later had mylar filter caps on the tone generator, which don't deteriorate like the older wax-paper caps. Good definition and punch outta those. Nice box. :)

And a Wurly too....oy! :D

TP

---

Todd A. Phipps

"...no, I'm not a Hammondoholic...I can stop anytime..."

http://www.facebook.com/b3nut ** http://www.blueolives.com

Hey b3guy,

Sorry for the obscurity. My remark referred to some time ago on these forums (I think Craig's SSS) where someone posted a picture of an apartment dining room and asked "What's Wrong With this picture?" The reader was told to look at the screen very closely, and turn the speakers up to hear an audio clue in the background. The rest is self-explanatory... :)

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Originally posted by Bobro:

The wavy keyboard picture looks familiar...

What year is the house? Tall cielings? Nice space, good light.

That's right the wavy painting is the painting of Janet's that we used for the Keyboard Corner "Cornered & Covered" CD. There's another one for the next compilation, whenever we get around to it. The house dates 1891, with 9.5' ceilings. This is shot about mid day with the light reflecting off the house next door. The house is old but not old by Austrian standards!!

Steve

Originally posted by B3Nut:

Yup, nice lil recording space. :) '66 is a good year for B-3's. Mid-'64 and later had mylar filter caps on the tone generator, which don't deteriorate like the older wax-paper caps. Good definition and punch outta those. Nice box. :)

And a Wurly too....oy! :D

TP

Hey Todd, you're just a fountain of info. I knew about the wax-paper caps, & I knew this one didn't have them, but to know when they switched over. . .

The Wurly was a nice addition. I was looking at a $750 Rhodes 73 that played like a dream, but I was too slow & it was sold before I could make up my mind. I guess things happen for a reason. 2 weeks later I was talking to a friend about it & I sumed up the story by saying if he heard about a Rhodes or Wurlitzer that was for sale, to let me know. He said he had one, but it was the student model without the lower speakers. I said I didn't care as long as it was in tune. He sold it to me for $200. The action is great.

On another note I'm going to set up a his web site with MP3's of his jingles. I got the idea from your site. Thanks.

Steve

Ha!

I have that same model of Wurli! They're great! No tremelo, but whaddya gonna do? I got mine for free! I took the bottom off it like you did and wired it up so I could use it in a live situation.

I have a 1958 B3 that I replaced all the caps in. It sounds like a dream. I got that for $20! Damn, I've gotten some good deals! I have a Rhodes, but the action is horribly stiff. I'm looking for an earlier model that doesn't cause carpel tunnel syndrome after playing it for three minutes!

I'm still looking for a Clav. And more Leslies. Ever notice that Leslies are really hard to find and really expensive?!? I've bought early model Hammond consoles just for the Leslies!

That B3 is a beauty, b3_guy. The early Hammonds always sound better. The late 50s ones are priceless. I also have a 1956 C3 which is the most beautiful Hammond I've ever heard. Jack McDuff played it for a week engagement in my hometown. Still has his greeeeeaze on it! :)

Originally posted by B3-er:

I have that same model of Wurli! They're great! No tremelo, but whaddya gonna do? I got mine for free!

I have a 1958 B3 that I replaced all the caps in. It sounds like a dream. I got that for $20! Damn, I've gotten some good deals! I have a Rhodes, but the action is horribly stiff. I'm looking for an earlier model that doesn't cause carpel tunnel syndrome after playing it for three minutes!

That B3 is a beauty, b3_guy. The early Hammonds always sound better. The late 50s ones are priceless. I also have a 1956 C3 which is the most beautiful Hammond I've ever heard. Jack McDuff played it for a week engagement in my hometown. Still has his greeeeeaze on it! :)

I thought I got some bargains but sounds like you scored big. I don't miss the tremolo. I'm also keeping on the look out for a cheap Boss Chorus, Tremelo, Phaser, or Flanger pedal.

Most of the Rhodes don't make me want to play them. The one that I was fooling with had been worked so that it played like butter.

Steve

On another note I'm going to set up a his web site with MP3's of his jingles. I got the idea from your site. Thanks.
Oh very cool!

I'll have more racket up in a few weeks...awaiting a load of parts for a new PC. I'll actually have a computer with *gasp* audio input! :eek: (no ins on this blueberry toilet-seat iBook, and I never got around to getting a USB interface. There's hardly any room on the HD for audio anyhoo...) :)

TP :D

---

Todd A. Phipps

"...no, I'm not a Hammondoholic...I can stop anytime..."

http://www.facebook.com/b3nut ** http://www.blueolives.com

Archived