Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vegas Must-Sees: Blue Man Group, and Bucktunes!

Botch.

Got to see Blue Man Group while in Vegas this last weekend. If you're in a city where they're playing, I highly recommend you go see them, great and unusual show! The first ten rows or so everyone was given a plastic poncho a la Gallagher, but they didn't spray paint too badly. The drumming in this show is phenomenal, the three blue guys are backed up with four additional drummer/percussionists. I cracked up when someone in the audience yelled "Free Bird!"; the blue guys looked at each other, looked back in the audience, then two of them started playing Freebird on their PVC marimba thingie instruments; the third guy held up his arm and flicked his Bic!!! I about fell out of my seat laughing! www.blueman.com

The next night we went to a great Caribbean/fusion restaurant called Ortanique, and heard Keyboard Corner's very own Steve "Bucktunes" Buckner and his jazz quintet. Some incredible talent there, Steve's a fantastic pianist, their sax player I could listen to all night, and their Marlo Thomas-lookalike lead singer sings like a bird! The restaurant also featured a 16-foot square Jumbotron over the bar, that showed the band as they played, one incredible gig. Thanks Steve; Pam and I had a wonderful night that night and it was great meeting you. See you next trip!

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also caught Blue Man group in Vegas. The theater at the Luxor was designed especially for this show, so the Vegas version includes material that you won't find elsewhere. Still, no matter where you see it, Blue Man Group is not to be missed! Just a fantastic experience!

Originally posted by iBotch:

Thanks Steve; Pam and I had a wonderful night that night and it was great meeting you. See you next trip!

Thanks for the great compliments, Scott! Glad you enjoyed your evening with us. :) It was really cool to meet you and Pam. Glad to hear you enjoyed the trip and made it back home safe. Give me a shout anytime you're in the neighborhood! :thu:

Maybe next time I'm up in SLC, I'll get a chance to hear your band. I was up there last August, but just for a day. And only an evening at that, so I didn't get to do anything that trip. I guess I'm gonna have to break down and check out the Blue Man Group. I've heard nothing but good about them. And it's not like I really have to travel very far... :rolleyes::D

Just FYI, it's Buckman, not Buckner. ;) Don't worry, I get that every now and then! :D

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Steve, Valky, come on down! I always look forward to meeting fellow musicians, especially people I "know" from here. :)

Just don't make it next week (6/11-6/16). We're doing several convention gigs that will pre-emp our restaurant gig three nights that week. We'll probably farm out the whole week to another band. Make sure you guys give me a shout when you're in town so we can hook up! :)

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Archived